Dog tires of police chase, bites owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Jun 14, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/14/police.pursuit.ap/index.html

CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) -- A police pursuit ended when the suspect's dog -- not happy about being bounced around in the car -- bit its owner on the face.

Sheriff's officers said they approached Nicholas T. Galanis of Salt Lake City to talk to him about some stolen property, but he got in his car and fled with his dog.

The chase Monday went through a winding, bumpy dirt road about 5 miles northwest of Modena, said sheriff's detective Jody Edwards.

"Deputies could see the dog in the passenger seat getting slammed into the window," he said.

The dog, which is part pit bull, became so agitated "he bit his owner in the face," removing part of Galanis' nose, Edwards said. "And this is what ended the chase."

Galanis was taken to Valley View Medical Center before being booked into Iron County Jail. His dog was taken to a local animal shelter.

Galanis was held for investigation of supplying false information to police, receiving possession of stolen property and theft.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I just love it when Murphy gets the baddy.

3. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Maybe the dog wanted to be a police dog and that was it's application? If so I say hire the dog, it obviously knows how to get someones attention. Ghrit I agree some days it's nice to see Murphy affecting the scum of the earth too.!

Take care Be safe Poacher.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7