Dogs

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

How many have a good bush dog here is the late Mad Max he was my buddy until he was run over buy a fellow doing 50 in 20 mph he had a bad habit of chasing trucks with loud exhaust I could not break him of it he was a whippet boarder terrier mix his bite was.worse then his bark I know that for a fact he bite through my hand when he was hurt one day and I was trying to get him to the vet had to pry him off severd nerves in my hand but I still loved him. post-6475-0-50364300-1423949344_thumb. max2. 0827131531.

KIMG0058.

Mountainman, 3M-TA3, Ganado and 6 others like this.
  2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

These three are excellent at killing bushes by alternately digging them up, peeing on them, and lying on top of them.

bushdwellers.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Sorry about Mad Max, @Bishop.

Semper fi!

pearlselby, Bishop and Ganado like this.
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

My Grandfather picked up a heeler mix that somebody was not happy about the "mix" part as a puppy. You couldn't stop that dog from hunting if you tried. Birds, coon, armadillo (his favorite), deer, wild dogs, coyote, you name it, he goes for it. Heck, f you bring a gun out with you, or point a gun, he just sort of ghosts into being at a dead run in the direction you are aiming.

Gator 45/70 and kellory like this.
  6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The only bad part owning a good dog is when they die, a little of you dies with them.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

....and no normal dog can ever meet that mark, again.

pearlselby likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Bishop sorry you lost your dog/friend. They are truly family and it hurts something awful when they pass.

We had a border collie chow mix when the kids were younger. It was a great dog to have around children. He kept them safe, followed them, watched over them and would alert if he didn't like a scent. He was perfect. We lost him and got an ankle biter. Not a big scary thing but he chose us and he is what we need right now. He is usually a ground sniffer but the other night we went out at 9 ish, his head went in the air, he sniffed a bit and turned to go back in. What ever scent he caught, he wanted nothing to do with it.

Tikka, pearlselby and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

100_3990.JPG 100_3991.JPG

This is Trooper and Ranger. I hate to admit it but, they are not very smart. They act more like people than animals.

Very true words, @kellory ..I had not thought of it that way but, that is exactly right.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
    Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

[​IMG]

My baby..

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Hanzo like this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Indigo was my favorite dog.

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I don't share this often; yet I know it would be understood and appreciated here.

A Dog’s Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend,

For no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I might lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things that you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you know by the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when its cold and wet, for I am a domestic animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements.

I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready,willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see to it that my life is taken gently.

I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your loving hands.

Author Unknown

13. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Thanks everyone max was a really good dog and buddy he love to hunt and the time I had with him I carry with me always.

Semper fi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
    pearlselby likes this.
  14. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@Hanzo, Indigo is absolutely adorable. Her beautiful face says I am Loved. I thinks she is a snuggler. Loves to share the foot of the bed. Just what I see in her face.

@Tikka Your BABY is a real Ham. I looked at her and I am trying to figure out what she is saying or asking. I think she wants to go hunting or riding in a vehicle. I like to try and read their minds.

Thank you for "A Dog Plea". It is so sad, but so true.

15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Indigo doesn't get to go on the bed or furniture. At least he wasn't supposed to. So you can imagine his face when out cat, Jing would jump on the bed.

I miss them both.

Bishop and pearlselby like this.
  16. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

This cracked me up. I think they are waiting for orders and Momma to get home. Beautiful pups.

Now this is funny, I was looking back thru the pictures and saw your third pup. wow How did I miss it???

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  17. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

So sorry for you losing Indigo and jing. When we lose special animals, it is so hard. They are a part of the family.

Hanzo likes this.
  18. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

W had one of those puppies and it would round up cows and also all the cats. It was hilarious. She snipped one of the calves in the ear and we had to give her away. But I loved little Matt!!

19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

pearlselby likes this.
  20. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

There's actually a 4th in the pic but she's lying behind the Dobie. 4 pounds and the same color pattern as he has so she's well hidden when she slips between him and the couch for a nap.

I've buried more good dogs over the years than I've had good friends. And buried a few terrible ones as well. Probably why my gardens are always so lush.

Tikka and pearlselby like this.
  1. Bishop
  2. TnAndy
  3. Bishop
    Thread

Air javelin

Just got this in and I am liking it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 18, 2021, 5 replies, in forum: Firearms
  4. Bishop
  5. Bishop
    Just got these in the mail today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jul 24, 2020, 0 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
  8. Bishop
  9. Bishop
    Here's my pCP 22 caliber air gun. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 24, 2019, 4 replies, in forum: Firearms
  10. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  11. Bishop
  12. Bishop
    Thread

Swiss arrow

Hey made up a Swiss arrow set up. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 18, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  13. Bishop
  14. Bishop
    Thread

Fire piston

Made a little fire with my fire piston. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 17, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  15. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  16. AxesAreBetter
  17. Bishop
  18. Bishop
    The 48 inch hobow [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Aug 14, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Functional Gear & Equipment
  19. Bishop
  20. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7