Dogs

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Mar 2, 2016.

1. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

For some reason, I cannot view the picture (getting error msg). But your pup sounds like a wonderful friend. I am so glad your scare turned out ok. It would be nice to know what it was. My Trooper had a spot and they did a type of petre dish thing and it was a ring worm. But, I am just glad there was no cancer. I have had friends that lost their pets to cancer and luckily I have not.
    That 4 pieces of bacon every day will fix them right up. lol A very sweet story.

2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Wow, @chimo...these are so adorable. The baby blue is especially a cutie. Her eyes say I am up for anything you want. Gorgeous eyes.
    Thor, Buffy, Bailey, & Bandit are happy just being with Papa. They fit perfect.

Sadie is an eye-dropping beauty. She is looking around and is so happy with her life and her family. Growing up with Lassie and being Momas' Dog, of course, she is the smartest.
    I know how proud you are.

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Dogs are great companions. Mine are also a source of income. Eli was in the range of $3,500.00 If I would have had to buy him. I traded a show quality Female for him. Pup for pup. The girl has won her AKC points and at two is making more show pups. Eli just makes puppies and so far has sired just under $20,000.00 in Bichon Puppies. 16 pups at 1200.00 each. He has two litters in the girls right now ,then we wont have any for a year till next spring. Eli buys lots of preps.

oldawg and kellory like this.
  4. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I will try and fix the link tonight, once I get to the computer.

6. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    pearlselby likes this.
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Needless to say Our Bichons dont look like these links I posted. The amount of grooming and work that goes into show dogs is way out of our reach and interest. We wanted good healthy lines for our clients who purchase puppies. I just love watching a little boy or girl when they get their first Bichon puppy. Priceless.

pearlselby likes this.
  8. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@Kingfish
    They are so cute, they look like those exquisite stuff toy animals. They are all so cute.!!

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70, kellory, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

He'll if that callaholl would drag them back to camp that would be one fine hog dog track them shoot them bring them back.

11. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Feeling kind of down, so I'm gonna take a turn up on the soap box here.

I live in the part of La that is currently flooding. Haven't had a chance to alert most of the family yet, but I found my dog floating off earlier. He got suddenly ill, but he was moving the last time I saw him. Got up to find the water covering all but 100 yards square of 80 acres, and my dog floating in it. Not really sure what else to say...he was a damn good dog, and I road many a dark path with him doing everything he could to get his butt in my lap. Reckon he'll be missed.

Hope y'all don;t mind me sharing.

12. Yard Dart

A damn good dog will be missed!!!!! [angel]

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sorry to hear that, axes. They can be as or sometimes more important than humans when it comes to companionship.

14. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I picked him up from a pound 7 years ago. Wasn't even looking for a dog. Spent two hours sitting in the rain in the parking lot with him before he would let me pick him up, and put him in the truck. That dog saw me through all of the lowest points of my life...just damn.

15. Yard Dart

Better to have lived and loved.... than to never have loved at all... I feel your pain. The memories of a great dog will be your healing power..... it is never easy to loose a best friend!!!

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I suggest, after a grieving period, another trip to the Pound, but only after the water has receded...
    There are a few Good Friends, waiting for you, to chose from....

17. beach maui. Maui.

My baby

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
    Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  18. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'm sorry for your loss, Axe. Losing a dog is as hard as losing a kid.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

My 16 year old pound pup made a trip to the back yard and crawled up under a tree and wouldn't or could not get back up.. He just laid there... The son put in the truck for the ride to the vet...

I will miss that dog.. He had been a friend and companion for many years.

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm sorry to hear that your old pal is giving up the ghost. You have my kindest regards. Find a place for him with good drainage and plenty of sun, and allow him to nourish an edible memorial to him. Nice juicy oranges or mandarins would work. In my case, I'd be planting a lemon tree over my eventually to be divorced wife....it seems a natural fit. ;)

1. Bishop
  2. TnAndy
  3. Bishop
    Thread

Air javelin

Just got this in and I am liking it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 18, 2021, 5 replies, in forum: Firearms
  4. Bishop
  5. Bishop
    Just got these in the mail today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jul 24, 2020, 0 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
  8. Bishop
  9. Bishop
    Here's my pCP 22 caliber air gun. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 24, 2019, 4 replies, in forum: Firearms
  10. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  11. Bishop
  12. Bishop
    Thread

Swiss arrow

Hey made up a Swiss arrow set up. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 18, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  13. Bishop
  14. Bishop
    Thread

Fire piston

Made a little fire with my fire piston. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 17, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  15. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  16. AxesAreBetter
  17. Bishop
  18. Bishop
    The 48 inch hobow [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Aug 14, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Functional Gear & Equipment
  19. Bishop
  20. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7