Dollar collapse inevitable - a short film

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by slots, Jan 13, 2008.

1. slots

slots Monkey+++

It really does look bleak, although your average Joe doesn't think so...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n3g5lUgkWk[/media]

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Denial.... maybe... maybe not... at least folks should be looking at the facts and history... most listen for what they want to hear and then go on their merry way..... There sure seems to be alot of signs and folks talking about recession and in a few cases... depression....

I'm reading Studs Terkel's book "Hard Times"... easy reading but it's full of comments and stories from real folks who went through the Great Depression... its actually a pretty good prep read IMHO... but I wanted to read about it myself... I've got 2 others I picked up .... I sure don't think the current generation will be able to make it through... and we don't have the resources to even support the population of today....

Thanks for posting...[beer]

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Great clip and right on.
    Denial is going to kill a lot of folks.

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Anybody else notice how talk of a recession didn't come out until after the holidays? I hope you guys are wrong that we are in for a rough ride but the indicators that you guys keep pointing out don't look promising. Not that I've ever been one for paying much attention to the financial markets in the past. However, my eyes are wide open these days and don't like what the possibilities are for our future.

How depressing, think I'll have a few [booze] to boost sales

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

During the great depression people flocked out here to the agricultural lands for work.
    It will be ruff times. at least we wont be land locked in it.

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

those jobs are already taken, unless you want to work for pennies on the $$$

A depression in today's society wouldn't be a pretty site. You think crime is bad now, just wait it'll get worse.

7. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

8. pgrass101

pgrass101 Monkey+++

I think that when an economic collaspe comes it is going to be a hard fall.

In the 50's the U.S. started to switch from a Production economy (we made stuff for other countries to buy) to a consumer economy (we buy stuff other coutries make).

The switch was completed in the 90's. A consumer based economy is not sustainible and we are witnessing and will witness the collaspe of our economy and the birth of a new one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7