Dollar Tree candle

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by stg58, Feb 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

A few weeks back I picked up a few of these unscented jar candles and one burned for a bit over two weeks the other just under two weeks. Not bad, made in Mexico and I will pick up a few more 4 stores around but only 2 have the candles so if you look for them YMMV

Bulk Glass Jar Candles, 8" at DollarTree.com
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Tall glass jar candles are ideal for sanctuary candles, candlelight vigils, and other spiritual practices. Unscented white wax is enclosed in a tall glass jar and designed to burn continuously over long periods of time, up to 80 hours depending upon burning conditions. Case includes 12 – 8" glass jar candles (poured wax measures 6½"H).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I do believe the Chinese place the tears of young, virgin slaves in the wax to make the flame burn brighter. It's a special reaction with the lead and phosphorous, in case you're wondering.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up:)

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Was wondering what made them so bright---virgin tears huh--lol. We have a candle factory in the neighboring town and a bud is the "tester"/shipping supervisor. Occasionally I get a case of slightly used candles.

Brokor, kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. budgetprepp-n
  5. Witch Doctor 01
  6. MountainMariner
  7. Motomom34
  8. Kelly Marie
  9. RightHand
  10. WestPointMAG
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7