1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Dollar Tree candle

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by stg58, Feb 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

A few weeks back I picked up a few of these unscented jar candles and one burned for a bit over two weeks the other just under two weeks. Not bad, made in Mexico and I will pick up a few more 4 stores around but only 2 have the candles so if you look for them YMMV

Bulk Glass Jar Candles, 8" at DollarTree.com
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Tall glass jar candles are ideal for sanctuary candles, candlelight vigils, and other spiritual practices. Unscented white wax is enclosed in a tall glass jar and designed to burn continuously over long periods of time, up to 80 hours depending upon burning conditions. Case includes 12 – 8" glass jar candles (poured wax measures 6½"H).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I do believe the Chinese place the tears of young, virgin slaves in the wax to make the flame burn brighter. It's a special reaction with the lead and phosphorous, in case you're wondering.

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up:)

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Was wondering what made them so bright---virgin tears huh--lol. We have a candle factory in the neighboring town and a bud is the "tester"/shipping supervisor. Occasionally I get a case of slightly used candles.

Brokor, kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  1. budgetprepp-n
  2. Witch Doctor 01
  3. MountainMariner
  4. Motomom34
  5. Kelly Marie
  6. RightHand
  7. WestPointMAG
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7