Done With Medical Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Mar 4, 2017.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

It's been a rather trying year for the last 12 months or so. Retina reattachment, carotid artery stent, cataract surgery and final Yag laser treatment to finish up cataract stuff.

I went to the eye doc today and he said I'm done! WooHoo! My vision in the bad eye isn't even close to what it was before all this started...still a bit of distortion, but the vision is clear. The final corrected vision is about 20:30, so I'm pretty happy, overall.

Now if I can just get my health insurance company to pay for my breathing meds, I'll be set.

Kajun

Motomom34, 3M-TA3, techsar and 12 others like this.
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My father had a detached retina x 2 back in the 70s. He had a tremendous amount of distortion but was legally blind (20:400) before that happened so not too much of a loss there.

Gotta be a relief to get that stuff out of the way though.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Congratulations, nothing better than being done at the docs!

Mountain mama and Mindgrinder like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Congrats!!!

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Good to hear @TXKajun. Congrats and hopes that in time things improve....

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Glad to hear you are done with that mess, and that it worked!
    Best of luck with the ins co...

Mountain mama likes this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Cool beans.

8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I spoke a day or 3 too early. Seems I developed a dry socket at the extracted tooth plus there was a loose sliver of bone that started poking up around the gum at the extraction site. Between the two, it was major pain since last Friday afternoon.
    I was finally able to get to the dentist yesterday and he put some gel on the dry socket and removed the bone spur. He gave me a prescription for pain and I have used a few of them in the past 2 days. I have finally felt relief tonight. Hopefully this will be it.

Kajun

Motomom34 and ghrit like this.
  9. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

What a difference a couple of days makes. My jaw has stopped hurting almost completely and the swelling has gone way down. Relief!

Now maybe I can get on with living! :)

Kajun

Motomom34 and GOG like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7