Doomsday Prep'ers BS...

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BTPost, Mar 13, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

"Many hands make light work"-- is a true saying even if they are small hands. Am amazed at what kids can do.

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Jason Beachem I think was the name of that punk kid. Yet what he's good at is STEALING, he admits it(pathetic stealing too, he mainly steals from his own house). And when there's nothing left to steal without getting his ass beat, he's screwed. At least Darwin still is #1. I did laugh at the guy who has the 700acre property in west Texas that he named The Alamo. Watching him and the guy he's partnering up with to combine their families, I got this odd couple vibe(plus the other guy Steve reminded me of Randy Quaid). And I loved how the Alamo's owner acted like he was such a tough mofo, yet when it came down to it and he got hurt a little(from the sound of firearm discharge, even with ear protectors on), he pretty much starts crying like the big baby he is. Plus he considered himself such a great firearms expert but didn't tell Steve not to fire inside the blind.

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Oh and as embarrassing as the show can be, I am grateful it made my mother want to actively start prepping, and finally start cleaning/organizing all her crap so we'll have room for our supplies.

STANGF150 and chelloveck like this.
  4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

It will be costly but cans are moved often by heloes i know of one ship in mexico that was grounded and almost completely off loaded by helo but also as u said it cost money.....

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Bonney Lake man featured on national TV with his guns arrested for … owning guns

Tyler R. Smith, featured in a November episode of National Geographic’s “Doomsday Preppers,” was arrested Wednesday for illegal firearm possession. Photo by National Geographic

A Bonney Lake man featured in a National Geographic TV show in November, “Doomsday Preppers,” was arrested in Bonney Lake on Wednesday for being a felon in possession of firearms after showing off his arsenal on TV.

Tyler R. Smith was convicted of first-degree theft in 2009 and placed on the sex offender registry that same year after his conviction for immoral communication with a minor, according to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office.

The theft conviction made it illegal for him to possess firearms.

However, according to The News Tribune, he owned .270-, .30-30-, .223-caliber and AK-47 rifles and 9 mm and 45 mm handguns.

Smith reportedly leads the group Spartan Survival, which was featured in “Doomsday Preppers” ready to turn against neighbors in an effort to survive a cataclysmic terrorist attack or apocalyptic event.

He includes his wife and his 2- and 3-year-old sons in the survivalist fun.

“Mr. Tyler Smith gained national notoriety for appearing on a television show describing his plan for ‘marauding’: committing armed robbery when he believed ‘doomsday’ had arrived,” Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a statement. “His stated plan was not to defend himself but to use weapons he illegally possessed to rob his neighbors at gunpoint. Did he really think that this wouldn’t attract our attention?”

Smith recently moved from the Buckley farm where the National Geographic episode was filmed to the 20800 block of 92nd Street East in Bonney Lake, according to the Sheriff’s Office. There, deputies served a search warrant on his property and found two rifles.

They arrested Smith at his front door and booked him into Pierce County Jail for investigation of second-degree illegal firearm possession.

Adding insult to injury, the American Preppers Network rejects Smith as a true prepper.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL!!! oh my word. This guy was a scary and I figured he would be getting a visit for some reason. How stupid, he goes on TV with a gun and knows he can't have one. This is took a beating on many survival and gun forums.

7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Poetic justice, anyone? Better the sheriff than one of his supposed victims shooting him..

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Justice will be served.....[applaud]

9. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I am not surprised some of the people on the show will get busted for stupid crap. That punk kid Jason Beachem or whatever the hell his name was, I was thinking the other day about why does his mother let him get away with his crap? It reminded me of this old Dragnet episode, the cops knew there were 2 juvenile gangs planning a BIIIIIIIIIIIG fight amongst themselves, and the leader of one of them, the cops tried to reason with his parents to avoid the potential massacre, but the mother especially refused to believe her son wasn't an angel, despite repeated attempts by the cops to reason with her, and that her son treats her like crap. And then it happens and her son is killed in the brawl, and she blames the cops.

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Famous quote..................."You can't fix stupid" comes to mind.

Moatengator, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"Stupid is forever"
    Ron White;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    oldawg likes this.
  12. permacamo

permacamo Monkey

I think it is a huge OPSEC mistake to go on a realtiy show like that.

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I totally agree with your statement. I know that some don't show all their cards but to show your face on national TV is basically putting out the welcome mat.

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

What I thought was funny was 'Mr. Wayne'(season 1) who refused to give his legal name as a security precaution, but went on camera and showed his hiding spots for stuff. REALLY?!

15. permacamo

permacamo Monkey

I think I recall that episode was he the one where he had the vineyard and the underground hiding space?

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yep. That was him.

17. permacamo

permacamo Monkey

He was also making illegal bombs on the air to wasn't he! Not exactly smart!

18. Dont

Wasn't smart enough to stay away from the show... We are all tagged by being on the net...

19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Can I put a sign out in front of the gate that's a big bullseye and says I AM A DOOMSDAY PREPPER?

20. Dont

No trespassing may be a wiser choice @VHestin ... :D
    Would there be some copy right infringement there ?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7