Doomsday Preppers ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaboWabo5150, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

First idiots are just a few hours away. 25 total people. Interesting that they give first/last names. I call RETARD on the first couple./ 50K pounds food, a "compound" that is made from shipping containers.

CaboWabo5150, Nadja, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Hell, if they bug out you know where a resupply point might be.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Falcon15

Second guy, prepping for massive earthquake in LA, reasonable reason to prep. Being stuck in Kommiefornia, his level of armament is likely low. He is an urban survivalist. He is prepared for the worst case 6.7+ quake. Foraging is a decent skill, but how sustainable in long term survival is it? Not very,. Botanical skills mean squat in the aftermath of a large firestorm which WILL accompany a major quake. More water and food needed. It is a LONG walk across the desert. Guns a NESSECITY. This guy has decent OPSEC, he is very reluctant to divulge any details on his "plans".

Next a girl in my LOCAL city. She is gonna be one of the die off. Seriously.

She has just exposed her preps to everyone living in her apartment complex. BAD OPSEC. She is dead. Sorry. She has a boyfriend. Another weak link in her chain. She also lies about her workouts. She does NOT work out 4 hours a day. Sorry. I also know now of at least 2 MORE people from Houston who will be shot on sight post SHTF.

Nadja, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

The guy in LA did say in his post script that he had thought a little and added to his preps. I doubt you could plan to stay in LA without knowing you need more than a sharp stick. Those guys in TX just put a wally world sign out for those "I only need a 22 and your address" types.Agree with Falcon about the lady in Houston,she's a goner.

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

MY..MY...MY...A tripp'n show what little i was able to see...
    B.O.Goat's...ccc...
    Old big boy...Fruit Loop +
    Gal in Houston...Get a sail boat and head for Belize...But first put on some Damn Pant's..
    Interesting show ...The old boy in Cali..almost has it going on...
    100K in food stored...Big Bull's eye on that place...
    I wish them all Good Luck...

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. NOWHITEFLAG

NOWHITEFLAG Live Free or Die Trying

Doomsday Preppers !!
    What, Not another stupid reality show, that has no basis in reality. Now every want tobe/troll will be on this and every other survivalist site becoming a expert. Geez.

7. j.w younger

j.w younger Monkey+

I just wanna be self suffient because very little of what I see gives me confidence. Been sayin for years now its gonna come down to food, water and shelter. Then theres the small issue of people moving in and eating your food...
    Nothing you see on tv is real, including the news,IMO.

8. Falcon15

I fully believe that this is an attempt to marginalize preppers and give them a bad name. Every one of those people who participated are now on record, and if the alphabet soup boys want them picked up, it is a simple matter of a warrant and raid. Their information is on record now, not only first and last names, but general geographical locations. It does not take a rocket scientist to locate the folks, just a little time and the internet.

As for wannabe's and trolls, we have a very excellent troll hunting squad on the monkey. They will not last very long. Gunkid comes to mind. he gets found out and ousted in hours. Not only do we have a great staff, many of the users delight in troll hunting. Myself included. I have lots of bait and plenty of time.

[elim]

9. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

nothing to see here....move along.

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I'm waitibng for the Gunkid episode... where we learn to live in holes with our barkless Chihuahua and tactical wheelbarrows and .22 supressed assault weapons... i think that that one will be one for the books...

Gator 45/70 and Falcon15 like this.
  11. Falcon15

And his legendary skillz as a forest ninja.

12. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

i watched it and found the second show had more of a real time thinking to it than the first show .but as every one has said about the show it a little things that gets you into trouble with people .

As someone said about there names and where they live is the number one thing that got me about the show

13. Falcon15

To be fair, I know from watching videos by those who were on the original show and the current series on YT, that each family/individual is asked to pick one scenario they are preparing for, probably to simplify and streamline the show. That fact aside, I kept yelling OPSEC at the television last night, and my wife, Mrs. Falcon laughed and agreed wholeheartedly. By being on this show, these people have literally screwed themselves. I know for a fact there are people who are "pretend" preppers, and in actuality are doing very little actual prepping. These folks, well one in particular, has said to my face and in utter confidence he participates in local prepping groups and online forums to befriend and assess what others have because it is his and his "actual group's" intention to take what they want post SHTF by force of arms - they are planning on being marauders.

My passionate hatred boiled up, I supressed it, smiled, and filed the information and the faces of every associate of this man away in my "SHOOT ON SIGHT" mental file. I never participated in any open groups or face to face forums without using my pseudonym and never gave out personal contact information. There are a few exceptions to that rule, and every one of them is A: a monkey, B: I trust implicitly, and C: would be welcome at my fireside with just the clothes on their backs. You all know who you are.

I just wish I had a BIG nail with OPSEC engraved on it so I could pound it into some folks FOREHEADS to "drive my point home". Just sayin' YMMV.

Alpha Dog, oldawg and hank2222 like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What I kept wondering after watching the show was: "Who are the "Experts" that evaluate each group, as to if their Preps are sufficient?" Some idiot from NatGeo, Rawles, or the Show Producers? I thought the best Outfit, was the Family from Colorado. The New England Folks are toast, after the first wave of Zombies come marauding, out out the cities. Fatty, Ham Radio Operator was interesting, but Doomed by his own health issues. Oh well,Maybe things will get better as the show progresses..... .... YMMV.....

Dogfood, ColtCarbine and hank2222 like this.
  15. Falcon15

The company, Practical Preppers, is a company started by two pretty well known, "experts" (if their videos on YouTube are any judge they are well versed, and educated). SouthernPrepper1 and Engineer775. Check them out. They are required watching on my list. YMMV.

Doomsday Preppers, Channel Update and new Website - YouTube

carly28043 likes this.
  16. bountyhunter

bountyhunter Monkey+

i didnt want to start another thread on this,but did any one see exactly the way the lady on the show put wax on cheese to preserve it? or does any one have any links on this process? if it worked,id like to try it

17. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

These folks, well one in particular, has said to my face and in utter confidence he participates in local prepping groups and online forums to befriend and assess what others have because it is his and his "actual group's" intention to take what they want post SHTF by force of arms - they are planning on being marauders.

My passionate hatred boiled up, I supressed it, smiled, and filed the information and the faces of every associate of this man away in my "SHOOT ON SIGHT" mental file. I never participated in any open groups or face to face forums without using my pseudonym and never gave out personal contact information. There are a few exceptions to that rule, and every one of them is A: a monkey, B: I trust implicitly, and C: would be welcome at my fireside with just the clothes on their backs. You all know who you are.

18. Falcon15

How To Wax Hard Cheese - YouTube

You must know these few things: modern cheese wax is a relatively NEW invention. It is composed of food grade paraffin wax, some resins and a colorant (red or black typically).

Traditionally beeswax was used to wax cheese. Beeswax, unless you have a reliable, inexpensive source is not really an option any more. It is far too expensive for use in cheese making.

Cheese wax runs anywhere from $5-$7 a pound, not including shipping. If you have a local grocery or other store that carries it, Royal Oak Gulf Wax is a food grade paraffin wax which runs anywhere from 4-5.00 a pound at your local grocery store or box store. Pure paraffin wax is non toxic when consumed by humans, NOTE: I SAID PURE.

Alternately you can buy slabs of pure paraffin from hobby and craft stores or even Amazon. 10 pound slab runs about $1.65/pound ($16.50 a sheet), not including any tax or shipping. ANY PARAFFIN THAT SAYS IT IS USEABLE FOR CANNING IS SAFE AND USEABLE FOR CHEESE. The method does not change, brush or dip cheeses with the wax.

EDIT: Do NOT discard the wax from any home waxed cheese! It is COMPLETELY SAFE TO RE-USE.

19. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

That's easy listen to how they down played each scenario. I do agree that the probability of some of the scenarios that these people were prepping for are less likely than others. The one that stuck out like a sore thumb was their assessment of the probability of a financial collapse.

20. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Here's chunky's YT channel: dsarti1's Channel - YouTube

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7