Dope now legal (today) to buy/use in Nevada.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

So much of the information here (and in the HuffPo article) is just plain BS on the surface to anyone who knows the laws and the procedures.

However, I have learned that people are going to believe what they wish to believe and nothing I say will convince them otherwise when they are determined to hold on to their beliefs, so I gave up arguing it a few years back. You can do some real research if you wish or you can revel in ignorance...either way, it will not hurt you OR me, so I really don't care.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Alaska legalized weed 39 years ago.

Yes, you read that headline right. In 1975, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled in Ravin v. State that the right to possess, cultivate and consume small amounts of marijuana in the home was protected under the state Constitution's right to privacy.

As you might imagine, that ruling has faced some opposition over the years, and has been placed into legal limbo from time to time due to various ballot and legislative challenges. But Alaska courts have repeatedly and consistently upheld the notion that Constitutional privacy protections cover the personal possession, cultivation and use of marijuana in Alaska.
    Source (Alaska legalized weed 39 years ago. Wait, what?) Personal use being the operative words.

You are welcome to find the Raven decision for yourself..

But it is not BS. It was the law prior to legalization.

You can check with BT, Raven was the overriding driver for SoA M/J policy for decades. Many saw legalization as a huge leap backwards.

Wanna grow your own? Before, no big. Now, to be legal, you got to have a state issued permit - and goes on and on.

I know untaxed booze is called moonshine, I have no idea what the term is for untaxed dope - other than trouble.

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Michigan doesnt tax it yet. They charge you 125.00 for a license to have up to 12 plants and 2.5 ounces soon to go up to 10 ounces, edibles and medicines made from oils. 185.00 to 210.00 if you use a care giver(someone) who grows for you. If you have a caregiver you can not grow your own plants. Its one or the other. They are working on a comercial grow license where the state will take 3 % in sales taxes and these will allow sale to dispensaries.

I agree with Ron PAUL, THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A HUGE WASTE OF RESOURCES. BETTER TO TREAT THE FEW ABUSERS WHO CANT HANDLE IT. Far cheaper. And why should government be able to tell me what I can consume?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm agreed as long as the government stops enabling them to abuse whatever substance. There are many here and elsewhere who live at the expense of taxpayers so they can spend their waking hours stoned on the drug of their choice (including alcohol). If they work and pay for it I don't care. I'm also not willing to pick up the tab for their medical expenses for damage they do themselves.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think untaxed dope would be defined as Unlicensed pharmacist sales?

6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Or that most serious of all federal crimes....tax evasion.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Wait until big pharma gets in and files and receives a patent for the active chemical compounds in MJ. Then the corps will go after the growers that don't license their product from them. Yep, it's going to be a great time.

Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7