dOW WAKES UP WITH ITS HEAD IN THE URINAL

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Tango3, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

7114.78 -250.89 STILL NOT HIT"ROCK BOTTOM" THOUGH(?)
    DON'T EAT THE BIG WHITE MINT!

2. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Yeah and Bernanke is supposed to speak Tuesday morning, that normally makes the Dow tank. Then Obama speaking in the evening ought to help the Dow tank further on Wednesday.

Hell, we may see the Dow close at 6500 by Friday.

I can't understand why more people are not outraged and in the streets. It is starting but, honestly I figured socially things would be a little more interesting than they are now.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Hmmmm
    seems someplace last year, I read that IF, and WHEN, the DOW hit a low of 6500, it was "pucker time" ???
    Not sure why that is, or who, coined the 6500 value.....
    Bill

4. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

There are a lot of good stocks that are real bargains right now. I'm still waiting though as I think it will go lower, especially at end of Q1 when earnings come in and dissappoint.

Like GE, P/e of 5 & an 11% dividend yield.

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Monkey++

Ok, I am wrong. Bernanke's little talk helped. For now. [shtf]

I still think it will get lower. The problem is when it drops it comes back up but, lately it comes up just a little then when it tanks it loses even more ground. (A slow but steady decay)

Also when the Dow was at 10,000 a 300 point drop sucked but, now a 300 point drop is a much greater % than when it was at 10,000 so really we are losing more ground now that the Dow is hovering around 7000-7500.

Sorry, just had to rant a little. I am glad I have little invested in this fiasco.

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Bernanke said its almost over....whew. I fell better. Lets sit back and watch the inflation hit then lets see the market really take off!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The Big O is going to tell all tonight. This oughta be good.
    [yukface]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7