Down And Dirty Solutions- Hiding Your Weapon

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, May 23, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Down and dirty solutions to hiding your handgun (at home edition) -- by Beretta

There are many great ideas for stashing a "ready" firearm for home defense. What kind of ideas do you suggest for methods/opportunities to conceal these firearms throughout a house/workshop/garage and so on?

My concern, as most of us here, is if I am in a room and someone crashes the door... can I access a means for self defense readily. Consider this an idea thread.... not to infer you use these particular methods... nobody wants to know how "you" do it..... :)

Motomom34, stg58, GOG and 7 others like this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

image. image. Above the entrance

Motomom34, stg58, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I like "hiddens". I've built a few.;)

4. kellory

5. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Clocks like that can be bought on sites like sportsmansguide.com, etc. Not sure about the quality, though, as I can pretty much guarantee they're made by the C.H.INA Corporation. :rolleyes:

You might want to check out tacticalwalls.com some time. Even if it's for no other reason than to give you some good ideas. [winkthumb]

Me, I always thought that an empty breaker box would make a good pistol storage. Old houses around here, you would find the breaker panels in a closet, usually. But then they changed the code, and required them to be more accessible, so if someone had to upgrade their house's electrical, they'd have to move the breaker panel, and it usually ended up in the garage. If you have an old enough house, I could see installing a panel inside the master bedroom closet, which would effective give you a storage space of ~18"w X 24"h X 4"d. With a little bit of craftsmanship, you could even put a false panel on the front, so it looks like it's just an old, empty breaker panel that never got removed. ;)

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  6. tract

tract On Hiatus Banned

I think all you are doing here is teaching burglars and cops where to look. There's zero reason not to WEAR your pistol. If it's too heavy/bulky, get rid of it and get one that's feasible to always carry. The seconds of fumbling saved can mean your life, and having it on you means that kids, drunks, irresposible adults and theives have no access to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

While that sounds absolutely reasonable to always carry, even while at home. Sometimes that may not be practical for you or a family member.... having a stash in key areas of a back up firearm is smart for some.

tulianr likes this.
  8. tract

tract On Hiatus Banned

and why aint it practical, please? I think that what you mean is "they don't care about it enough to bother with a 1 lb 9mm, 380, or .38 snub."

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Try wearing even a small, easily hidden weapon in bed or the shower, you'll get a pretty good dose of practicality. The moreso if you live alone. (And yes, other than those two cases, I'm armed all the time except when over the border into New York or Canada.)

10. kellory

It will hang up on my tool belt under the best of conditions, and wearing one to bed could lead to some very bad dreams.
    Besides, ever had a kid climb into bed with you, or a dog? It gives new meaning to an accidental discharge.
    That, and they are terrible foreplay....

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh, I like that..... How about when Swimming....... or playing with the GrandKids, in the Sprinkler.... Some Quotes, are just plain Stupid....

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

for the Kid, in all of us.... NFA Weapon....

1924357_10152628700209769_5765315700314367787_n.

Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7