Dowsing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Went and purchased 2..

1/8" x 36" brass round rod..

Being, I hadn't done this in awhile I practiced on my street.

LOL my 21 yr old son thought I was full of it until I had him try it.

I'm ready to take your money.
    20170828_132801.

Motomom34 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Used to find buried cables with a pair of those @ColtCarbine ... Worked for estimating depth, too. Just back away from the trench until they straighten out again.

ColtCarbine likes this.
  3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I forgot about that, thank you for the reminder.

I don't want to be the guy who ran off another member. If @Meat is ever in the Portland-Salem area, I'd like to extend an invitation for him to see in person that divining rods work.

And keep your $1000.

Meat, Motomom34, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Coat hanger iron wire rods work for me. i don't know about any other nonferrous metal working

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Silver solder works well for me. As does various sizes and types of steel gas welding rods.

I think I like the silver solder best.

Next time it's handy at work I'll score some heavy copper wire to compare conductivity vs magnetism.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

The part of Texas I'm from was mostly truck farmers and dairy men. Most of them wouldn't consider a well unless a witcher spotted the site for them. I've seen it work on our own farm. As an aside, most of the older farmers and witchers didn't believe in rotary rigs as they thought they walled off the water. 50s and 60s there were still many cable tool(spud rigs) rigs working.

Motomom34 and Zimmy like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I'll set up the test since it's my $1000. I'm not worried in the least that I'll lose. All in good fun BTW. :D

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I have to say I didn't believe in dowsing either until I tried it. If you try it you will become a believer

I tried it with a pair of rods that had these so I couldn't influence the outcome

[​IMG]

The rods rotate inside a hollow grip

9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^A blindfold renders them useless. Lol. :D

10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I disagree
    I have felt this & I was surprised

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have found under ground water in open areas and hill sides, there is no housing or other indicators on the surface.
    The beauty of this skill is finding an under ground stream in the woods where no other water can be found on the surface.
    And even if you can read the terrain , with skill one can ascertain it's depth and volume.
    Like reading body language , it takes patience and understanding .

Cruisin Sloth, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Yes it's good to find an underground water source but how do you how deep the water is?

Meat and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

That I don't know ! I live in the wet coast (I have webbed feet)

Ganado and Meat like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Ok. :D

Ganado likes this.
  15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It is NOT simple ,
    Depth is not as easy to read, as the iron density of the soil verys . IMO
    An under ground stream is a path water has established through time and iron deposits seem to gather having some magnetic attraction . I think that lightening strikes charge the earth or vise versa, and charge these iron particles .
    I'm told that scientist read these in magnetic alignment frozen in place to determine the pole shifts that had occurred in time.
    I think lightning has a more powerful effect However.
    Never the less, a trench that has something laid in it has a free space below it, particulates are free to move when moisture passes through and iron lines up to it's self ,and that's how things are found.
    I have found sewer pipes both ABS and ceramic ,neither of which have any metal in them. iron pipes are easy .
    The mere fact metal detectors are sold and used by the thousands is proof enough things can be found other ways , and these even can determine what exactly is below .

There is another side to this issue, and that is spiritual.
    There are those that with great accuracy can find anything, merely looking at a map and moving their finger around it .
    These are a demonic influence and should never be employed or entertained.
    These operate much like a Ouija board and only trouble fallows this practice.
    There are a great many things in this world you cannot see, and many more that are not easily explained .
    Science has discovered, through the use of special filters and enhancements, like infrared, living things and other wonders out side our normal light spectrum capacity .

16. Zimmy

I'm a science minded person.

I've had success with silver rod, copper rod, and steel rod. Others I truly believe have had luck with forked green branches of local preference.

Since silver, copper, and green branches aren't magnetic I believe the energy to be conductive or inductive instead of magnetic.

I don't have answers. I just have observations. For all I know, my guardian angel moves my divining rods around.

Ganado likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Would you believe 7018 welding rods? Yep, they work.

Ganado and Zimmy like this.
  18. Zimmy

All of the plumbers I talked to at work are users and believers. They just pull up flags marking another line, rip off the material and bend them.

They all laughed when I talked about the grand discussion we've had about materials.

Ganado likes this.
  19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i dont recall anyone saying the material of the rod mattered just ppl saying what they used. :rolleyes:

Zimmy likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dunno. I got the 7018 to work, but not the 6010. The guy that taught me could not use metals, he used, exclusively, an oak fork.

Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. ColtCarbine
  3. duane
  4. Ganado
  5. Sojourn
  6. DKR
  7. deMolay
  8. deMolay
  9. Ganado
  10. GOG
  11. Motomom34