Dowsing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deMolay, Mar 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

To me this article more less confirms what I already intuitively knew. Dowsing works. My Dad was a dowser, he would use, crowbars, pocket watches and crotches from trees. And I used to enjoy hanging out when he would do this, just to feel the pull of the apple wood or hazel wood crotch. I always was fascinated by this ability of people to find water, or other things with this gift. Some folks used to call it witch craft, which I never understood.
    I always felt it was more to do just with our natural world. I have always enjoyed nature and paid attention to details in nature. Always fascinated.
    I have done amateur prospecting sometimes with a metal detector more often just mucking around with a gold pan for family amusement when my kids were young.
    For dowsing I know use two L shaped copper wire rods, and a Trifield meter or gauss meter. I can find water most of the time but in later years have become more interested in following faults and earth's magnetic fields as in Ley lines for my own entertainment.
    I always had this build in sense of direction as I am sure many others do as well.
    I think magnetic fields can be positive health wise or negative health wise. And that has been the focus of my amateur endeavors.
    My neighbor many years ago drilled a well. And first he called in a water witcher. She was an 80 year old grandma, and the best I ever saw. I hung out with her all afternoon. Amazed, she walked back and forth, set stones or sticks here and there to mark her findings. Then settled on one spot. She described to me the underground flows, the depth to drill and the flow that should be produced by this spot.
    When the drillers completed the well, I wandered over, they drilled on the spot she indicated, and I was amazed that it produced very close to the volume she said at the depth she said.
    I think it also helps to pay attention to the plants and animals and insects when looking for water. They will often indicate where water is close by to the surface. Anyways the article, typical science now confirms that human's have a built in ability to sense earth's magnetic field's. The folks who built Stonehenge or the pyramids could have told them that, because they are built on Ley lines or earth's magnetic grid. People can sense Earth’s magnetic field, brain waves suggest

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Dad taught me how to douse for water and pipes and I have found underground streams and possible well points .
    Using coat hanger wire L shaped and letting the magnetic pull do the work .
    I believe that both natural and spiritual forces are summoned and personally I avoid the spiritual cooperation which can lead in an unhealthy direction. Accurate or not. I respect God enough to leave alone the spirit world that notoriously have the reputation for drawing people way from God rather than to Him.
    The spirit world are as diverse in personality as all creation, and can be divisive and manipulating . they move by deception and influence projecting thought , If you don't know the source assuming "all" thought is your own you are deceived .
    Using tools "repeatable science " the steel rods seem most palatable in relation to the earths magnetic influences.
    I surmise is a result of the disturbance of earth as water flows or as pipes have been established and strings of iron are dispersed in that flow .
    Pipes have 2 sources one is the pipe its self but even PVC water or sewer iron deposits are still present laying the pipe it's self in a prepared trench gives the iron deposits a chance to realign them self especially due to rain fall and soaking in the ground and the dead space under the pipe is an area rain water can freely flow allowing the iron deposits to align.
    Especially iron rich or iron poor are difficult to determine.
    I have no doubt that spirit guides are real and quite capable of revealing what is below ground , It is a known fact that there have been those that do not even go in site and merely handle a stick and point their finger on a map to find what they are looking for . This can only be spiritual but it is dangerous to those building this kind of relationship .
    using sticks with no magnetic properties , it seems to me are reliant on the spiritual . This isn't to say that steel rods can't be spiritual manipulated but IMO less likely .
    There is also the relationship of a person to the earth , Iron deposits in ones body and other factors may have a bearing on success .
    The fact we have machines that do this reading proves it is not all spiritual . but it dose not prove the spiritual does not have influence.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My Great Grand dad could find water using copper wrapped steel rods, pretty amazing to watch! He was also exceptionally gifted at finding gold, silver, and various stones! He made quite a bit of money with his abilities at finding the prescious metals, and he wore a yuge gold nugget on a chain! We always thought he had some sort of powers, but he just knew and understood the land and how it all worked!

4. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

I don't call on or use the spiritual world when I dowse. I just observe what the rods are indicating or the gauss meter. In my opinion it is more of a physical thing. I think some people are able to remove the clutter from their mind and feel the physical presence of the magnetic field. Just like they found in the article. I don't use this or think of it like some do with Ouija boards if that is what you are referring to with dabbling in the spiritual. I think of nature more like this poem by
    Badger Clark.
    Oh Lord, I’ve never lived where churches grow.
    I love creation better as it stood
    That day You finished it so long ago
    And looked upon Your work and called it good.
    I know that others find You in the light
    That’s sifted down through tinted window panes,
    And yet I seem to feel You near tonight
    In this dim, quiet starlight on the plains.

5. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

I agree with you, he understood how nature works.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

It’s an interesting topic. I don’t believe in it myself however.

Gator 45/70 and deMolay like this.
  7. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

You don't believe our chatter or you don't believe the article? Just curious.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I don’t believe in dowsing.

Airtime, Gator 45/70 and deMolay like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Shoot man, I may and probably will give it a whirl,I ain't scared me!

10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

It’s either phony or straight from the Devil.

Gator 45/70 and snake6264 like this.
  11. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

It works Gator but you shouldn't need more than a sharp finger nail in your A.O. :p

deMolay and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

True,I hit water with a post-hole digger.

deMolay, Meat, oldman11 and 1 other person like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've seen one guy walk across the land with a couple L shaped copper rods , and them thigs would swing wide open whe he crossed an underground stream or a water pipe. It's a knack , and a good one to have.

oldawg, deMolay, Meat and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7