DRAGONFLY comeback please!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tacmotusn, Nov 20, 2009.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Be extra carefull what you say, and how you say it, lest you confuse and anger people.
    Yesterday I read a most excellent post started by Dragonfly. I was merely lurking at the time and made no comment. Later I checked back to see what others had said about the post, and found that a new member, on their 1st post had subverted and spammed the thread.
    I PM'd some moderators and made comment about the spammer on the shoutbox. I then made a terse post on Dragonfly's thread. Too terse !!! I merely said, "somebody get this spammer!!!" . . . I did not ID the spammer as "Rolexwatch". When the moderators finally got the spammer, they left my terse post.
    a couple hours later Dragonfly checks his thread, and all he sees is his and mine with mine saying "SOMEBODY GET THIS SPAMMER".
    Understandably Dragonfly is upset. Dragonfly sent me a PM stating that he was upset with me and us at SM, and that he was leaving for good because of me.
    I have sent several PM's since hoping to rectify this whole mixup, that never should have happened, and could have been easily averted.
    My post should have said, "Dragonfly, a spammer has subverted your thread. "Rolexwatch" is a spammer! Someone get this spammer!
    I sincerely hope Dragonfly reads this and does not leave. It is posted for that reason and to be a warning to others about how what they say may be misunderstood.
    It is also here as an apology to SM and to Dragonfly.

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

We are pretty vigilant in axing spammers. We will see the post and zap it fairly quickly. Alerting us is a good idea but I for one would recommend not posting to them. When we do zap thier post it leaves the thread disjointed.

3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

These things happen to everyone, whether here or somewhere else. We are also going to be at the receiving end of these mistakes many times in our lives. I'm glad you're actually "reaching out" -- not "throwing your hands up" and giving up too soon (eventually you'll have to if there's no response).

There is certainly a lesson to be learned by all concerned Monkeys.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have made the effort. unfortunately I think it was too little, too late. I believe all of us here at SM lost something good when Dragonfly left. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I had a wonderfull Thanksgiving feeding the homeless, poor and needy. Had only 4 hours sleep in last 44 hours or so..... its off to bed soon

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7