1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Drill Sgt's Rules For A Gunfight.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Pax Mentis, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

One of the better sets of rules I have seen. I saw them some years back but just ran across them again and decided they were worth sharing/discussing...

1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need. [the only time you have too much ammo is when you’re on fire]
    2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap – life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap – funerals are expensive
    3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss....
    Drill SGT Joe Frick’s Rules for a Gunfight
    arleigh, Yard Dart, stg58 and 8 others like this.
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey++

Just a personal opinion ... Rule #11 applies especially - don't fight fair, you'll die.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Bandit99 and UncleMorgan like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey++

Gunfights are dangerous, loud, messy and nerve wracking. As a USAF vet nothing but nothing beats a 2 way radio with a Warthog on the other end, upgraded they say now to an armed drone . You can really reach out and touch someone and they won't even know you were there. That being said, I no longer have that option, so totally agree on his rules and would only add one more. If they notice you, the powers that be, and come for you, you have lost and only have a choice in where you die, so don't get noticed if at all possible. I have a couple of semi autos and some ammo, they have millions of rounds of ammo and many weapons to fire them in.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
  5. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey++

so true as my master sargent father used to drill in to all his children along with values and never turn your back on an enemy
  6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

In the entire history of the world there has never been a single fair fight. Nor will there ever be.

In every fight, one person--the winner--has always been the strongest, the fastest, the smartest, the best trained, the most motivated, the luckiest, and/or the best equipped.

Your job in every fight is to be the winner. Leave the losing to those who think fair matters.
    marlas1too and Motomom34 like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"Let the other fool die for his country, your job is to kill him, with any tool that comes to hand."
  8. duane

duane Monkey++

Amen kellory!
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey++

DAMN! @UncleMorgan You are starting to sound like General George S. Patton!
    'No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Although you are much more eloquent in your wording... :)

@duane "If they notice you, the powers that be, and come for you, you have lost and only have a choice in where you die, so don't get noticed if at all possible."
    Roger that, brother. If it comes to that (let's pray it doesn't) - you lost - but make losing count, "Do not go gentle into that good night."
    marlas1too and Motomom34 like this.
  10. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Upper hydraulics early and often.

11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

2 of my favorites that are somewhat related...

19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
    20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
    BTPost likes this.
  1. MountainMariner
  2. Brokor
  3. lonewolf88
  4. stg58
  5. BTPost
  6. UncleMorgan
  7. Motomom34
  8. Motomom34
  9. CATO
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Yard Dart