Drink more water.

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Big Ron, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

If I missed it oops but I believe energy drinks are a major cause. Youngsters I know are having these issues and that is the common denominator.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

That may be true but you do not have my medical records or cat scans nor do you have any clue of my background of place, time or conditions in which I have lived nor do you know of any events I have had.

Meat likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

EZ does it folks.

Meat and HK_User like this.
  4. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Seems like folks are getting a tad pi$$y around here now. :p

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Isolation will do that. Quarantine is worse.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

so calcium in the water is not so serious as sodas and energy drinks?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. HK_User

Depends on if your kidney is healthy and normal.
    Certain organs are filters that protect us to a certain level, but when damaged by outside events they do not do their designed job.
    My kidneys are damaged by Agent Orange so I take all the precautions I can to protect that system. Reverse osmosis water is one way for me since I live in an extremely high concentration of minerals and have a well that goes to 400 feet.
    Same goes for my liver, no suds for me and I never did drink much before. Nothing I can do about the two largest filters in my body as they are permanently damaged and one day one or both will fail.
    My liver is fatty and has some suspicious growths and is enlarged so I expect it to go first. Having two working kidneys is a plus for me. Yes I had scans and sonograms but nothing they can do except watch the liver fail and my job is to eat right and stay in good shape.
    Having good Docs, both VA and Private, who are knowledgeable about Vets has been a real life saver.
    The heart which is not a filter is also damaged by Agent Orange and I have ischemic heart disease yet another Agent Orange service connected problem but after open heart surgery to repair a damaged mitral valve and two bypass surgeries in 2000 my heart slowly became less enlarged and I am no longer rated as having congestive heart disease. Then again ischemic heart disease and a heart attack struck again in 2015 so on with the repair and two stints.
    None of these problems run in my family line on either side.
    Stay healthy and stay well.
    Always get a second opinion from an experienced Team of Docs.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thanks and ya had a heart attack that was agent orange related... VA required I prove it got the records n sent em into the VA...

have 3 stints in my heart and take simvastaton <speelin> and lisinapril <speelin> for it... ugh...

they tell me my kidney's n liver are OK for now... but will keep an eye on it all...

HK_User likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Same here and What are they putting in Dasni water?

Meat likes this.
  10. HK_User

Energy drinks suck.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I drank them for awhile like an idiot. They messed up my heartbeat. Out of the blue.....Whamo went my heart. Never again.

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My energy drink is coffee with Bacon!!!

TXKajun, oldawg, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

My uncle used to talk about this subject as far back as I can recall. Way before it was cool. Headaches and many other problems were simply not enough water. These Finlanders need to taken seriously for Pete’s sake and not made fun of. It’s perfectly normal to look at one’s feet when talking to a stranger, turning red during any unwanted attention and politely asking you to move your truck after you’ve run over their foot. :D

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  14. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

It's the sodium that's almost always the problem. Most soft drinks, energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sodium. In areas that have hard water, the municipal water treatment facilities add sodium to soften the water. Energy drinks in particular, and some soft drinks also are excessively high in caffeine which dehydrates the person more than the liquid they consumed.

That said, anyone even non-stone formers can get stones if they get dehydrated enough and long enough. Also many stone formers can usually tolerate excesses of sodium if they drink enough water.

The #1 issue is dehydration
    #2 is sodium
    Some commercial beverages affect both of these

#3 is a distant #3 and is the whole lot of other things

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  15. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

You are trying to apply your own circumstances to the population in general which is simply wrong. You are also trying to claim dietary issues for the general population that are also simply wrong. Whatever is going on for you is 100% for you, but close to zero percent for the population as a whole

And yes, Agent Orange did a heck of a lot of things to mess up every body system that the military covered up for decades. It's as far as I've been told their official policy to deny anything like that until 95% of those affected are dead so they don't have to deal with the cost of taking care of them

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  16. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

If you mean Dasani, it's just water from somebody else's tap put into plastic and given a fancy label and advertising.

17. HK_User

Gator 45/70 said:
    Same here and What are they putting in Dasni water?
    Dasani Water Is Full Of These 2 Dangerous Chemicals! - David Avocado Wolfe
    [​IMG]
    Dasani Water Is Full Of These 2 Dangerous Chemicals!
    FeaturedHealth & LongevityLifestyleResearchSafetyScience 0

What goes in bottled water?

It’s a bit of an odd question, isn’t it? I mean, surely it’s just water – right? Maybe, at most, a bit of salt?

Well, if the bottled water in question is Dasani, you’ll find a bit more than salt and water on the label. There are some additional ingredients – two of which are potassium chloride and magnesium sulfate.

Now, unless you’re a farmer or a hit man, those names probably mean nothing to you.

So here’s the skinny.

Potassium Chloride
    [​IMG]

Potassium chloride, as the Writer’s Forensics Blog shares, makes for one of the most genius chemical murder weapons out there. Let’s backtrack a little.

Your body actually produces potassium chloride – but just enough of it. Nobody, except patients with abnormally low levels of potassium, needs any extra.

Interestingly enough, it’s especially not recommended for people suffering from dehydration. And yet… it’s in water. Huh?

Anyways – dehydration sucks but death is a lot worse. And death is exactly what happens when your body gets too much potassium chloride.

In fact, the compound is actually one of the main components of a government-ordered lethal injection. And when the government wants to kill someone they don’t play around – so you know potassium chloride is some serious stuff.

The effect of potassium chloride is quite similar to that of a heart attack.

Potassium chloride can also be found in fertilizer.

The reason it’s found in Dasani? For taste.

Magnesium Sulfate
    [​IMG]

Wait – hold on a second. Isn’t this stuff good for you?

Yes, yes it is – most of the time. Magnesium sulfate, also known as Epsom salt, works wonders for everything from removing toenail fungus to volumizing hair.

The problems begin with magnesium sulfate when it’s placed in something as commonplace and necessary as water.

You see, while most people would read the label on an anti-fungal cream, who would possibly think that their bottled water could potentially harm their fetus?

And yet, that’s exactly what the magnesium sulfate in Dasani bottled water can do. That harm comes in the form of fetal bone damage. The risks begin when the pregnant mother consumes magnesium sulfate for more than 5 days straight.

Unless said mother is planning on just taking a couple days off from water altogether, I’d say that’s a pretty good reason to kick Dasani to the curb for good.

But Why?
    Why on earth are these chemicals in bottled water? Whose idea was this? What sort of evil, twisted mastermind is behind Dasani?

Coca-Cola.

18. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

The concentrations are so miniscule that one could argue a potential benefit, but again so miniscule that not even that would hold water. If there is anything to be concerned about, I'd look at if the plastic truly is food grade

19. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

I've seen a lot of morbidity and even some mortality regarding the calcium myth. I've even met a lot of physicians, perhaps even a majority who still hold to that myth and don't understand how dangerous kidney stones are. Pretty much only Nephrologists and Urologists study stone disease and a lot of even them don't study the metabolic causes and preventions, only the surgical treatment options. To be fair to Nephrologists, generally patients don't get referred to them until they're already in renal failure and by then prevention is too late.

So, if you want to make light of it and call it being pissy for me arguing against what truly is quackery, and a dangerous myth, then go right ahead

20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]Ingredients: Water, barley malt, roasted barley, hops, cane sugar, yeast.
    Nutritional info: Serving Size - 12 oz. (355 ml).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7