Drinking water or any soda, after finished my meal is good or bad?

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by jefferson, Apr 18, 2023.

1. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Drinking water or any soda, after finished my meal is good or bad?
    Because I have habit of drinking water after finished my meal.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Somewhere I read one isn't supposed to drink anything 30 minutes prior or during your meal and you should drink afterwards. I never paid it much attention and drink with or when I want but then I always have been a bit contrary. LOL!

jefferson likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My approved drinks, except when I cheat with an adult beverage, are bottled spring water, brewed tea with fresh lemon wedge, and black coffee. I always have a 500ml bottle of spring water available when I am eating and consume 5 to six of these a day.

@jefferson how is your weight loss program going?

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Water is a good thing while eating, it helps your body absorb nutrients and also helps balance out high Ph levels in what you eat, making your stomach more effective at processing foods!
    Certain wines with food can also help, but it's generally not recommended, and milk ( which is My preferred drink) is generally not good during a meal, though one can argue that it's simply boosting your nutrient intake!

It's really about balance here, and that's the real secret to eating and getting the most out of what you consume!

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Coffee in the morning, water the rest of the day with perhaps a lemonade.
    Any nasty adult beverage is going to be whiskey and ice or sprite on ice.
    Did drink 1/2 beer last year but I'm sure that won't count?

jefferson, Alanaana and Dunerunner like this.
  6. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

Yep, while eating. Some think drinking while you're eating will dilute the stomach acids, but my research revealed that our stomachs are not that stupid. They adjust the digestive juices according to the water in there. And I always keep my water on the alkaline side with a spray of lemon juice. Especially when cycling, summer or winter. Stay hydrated! Best defense against kidney stones!

7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I never drink while eating but will drink water or iced tea before the food comes. Afterwards, I like a cup of coffee or a whiskey/rum

8. Zimmy

Isn't lemon juice an acid? Citric acid?

DuxDawg, jefferson, techsar and 3 others like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I drink one Sprite a day, with dinner. I figure that’s not causing any harm.

jefferson, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

My routine has been more or less unchanged for forty years. I get a beer when I put in my food order and have the waitress bring another one with the food.

Bandit99, Gator 45/70, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  12. Zimmy

Gator 45/70 and jefferson like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Carbonated drinks lack oxygen, and your body is being robbed of what it needs with water.
    Alcohol for most people dulls the sensis thus one might not feel full when they should.

Gator 45/70 and jefferson like this.
  14. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Thanks for your comment dude..

Thanks for your question, my weight loss program is going well, lots of improvement in my body. I'm felt very happy and wants to continue for long.

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Drank soda for years and had heart burn all the time stopped drinking soda with it's carbonation and high fructose sugar --now only drink water heart burn cut by 90%

jefferson, Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had a friend years ago whom only drank coke, I'll call him Boudreaux since his name was Boudreaux
    Boudreaux gets up in the morning drinks a coke
    Boudreaux drinks cokes all day up until he goes to bed
    Boudreaux gets up one morning with a terrible pain in his side, ends up in the ER.
    Turns out one of his kidneys is the size of a small loaf of bread he tells me.
    Boudreaux looses that kidney and no more cokes for Boudreaux, water only his Dr. tells him.
    I've lost contact with Boudreaux all these years. Hopefully Hes still kicking it with-out cokes.
    Did I mention he has 7 kids at the time?

Dunerunner, Qwertyportne and johnbb like this.
  17. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

I sure as hell identify with that. Spent years training and racing marathons without the slightest thought to hydration. Then one day I had a pain in my side that made we wish I were dead. An MRI showed an 8mm kidney stone! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! Doctor gave me a bottle of Flowmax and another bottle of pain killers and sent me home. Two days later I passed the darn thing and flushed it down. Do I take hydration seriously? You can bet your bottom and your last dollar that I do!

Dunerunner and Bandit99 like this.
  18. DuxDawg

DuxDawg Monkey+++

Lemon in water being healthy is just another old wives tale. If you're doing it for taste, great, because that is literally the only benefit. There are no health benefits to lemon in water. Neither acidifies nor alkalizes your blood. Slightly alkalizes urine, with no proven benefits.

Most folks get thirsty after a meal. This is our body telling us we are dehydrated. Listen to your body.

Alanaana likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7