Drone no-fly zones

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by stg58, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I didn't mean you being ignorant of the law, you are one of the informed. Those drones are flying off the shelf and have been. Lots of people are going to claim they didn't know. I do wonder if they will be changing the packaging on drones to state that this product does need to be registered. I always wonder if the feds do this stuff just to generate revenue and to show they are in control.

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Drones have been used for several years to harass hunters on legal hunting trips. On private property. On public lands. They have been used to chase and scatter game, and drive it away from hunters. (Have also driven deer into traffic).
    So you are right. Fools have caused your sport to be regulated. (More government is never good) so keep the blame where it truly belongs, and on those who have abused others, and spying in windows.
    Enjoy your sport, have fun. Keep it off my property.
    Fly a drone over my land, and I will remove the problem. I've had enough.

3cyl and oldawg like this.
  3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Sounds like me if you hunt on my property...
    [peep]

3cyl, oldawg and kellory like this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Property lines matter. I hunt on private lands, only with written permission, and the blessing of the owner.

Pax Mentis likes this.
  6. Buggzilla

Buggzilla Monkey

This move by the government seriously angers me. It feels like yet another over-reaching straw added to this camels back by an out-of-control government. I simply want to fly a battery-operated toy on my own property, but the clowns in Washington demand that I ask them permission first. Grrrr.

7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'd like to lay claim to the air space above my property and require anyone...especially the government...to apply for a permit to enter it. Where in the Constitution did we give the government the power to lay claim to the air above our property? I think the 10th Amendment applies: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

8. Neo-Nel

Neo-Nel Amateur

Give'em Hell

I see this issue turning into more of a Privacy issue than a Trespassing Issue. Because lets face it the Drones that have Cameras, the Cameras are only going to improve and get better. So to Say its about Trespassing seems like just the tip of the Iceberg Issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  9. chimo

I consider property rights, voyeurism and government overstepping their powers as separate issues. First I want to protect my property rights, second I want to keep prying eyes at bay, third, the government needs to keep their grubby hands out of both. ;)

kellory likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@chimo I hope you have the Buck$ to carry such a Federal Lawsuit, all the way to SCOTUS, because that is the ONLY Way that you can secure the Rights to the Airspace, over your Property..... This is mostly Settled LAW in the USA, just as Radio Frequency LAW is Settled Law, in the Regulations of the Federal Communications Commission. If you destroy a Drone flying over your land, operated within the Current FAA Regulations, the Owner can have you, Arrested for Destruction of Property, by the local LEO.... Then you had better, either PAY the Fine, and Do the Time, or expend the funds, for the Court Case, that would ultimately end up a SCOTUS.... and likely you will Lose.... at every Court along the way....

11. chimo

Yeah, well...I don't get a lot of traffic over my little piece of airspace...and nothing in range of my 12ga, so don't hold your breath waiting for me to martyr myself financially to become a test case. ;)

Yard Dart and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7