Dropping in to say hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Been out since the 2nd of Feb. and finally got a trip home for a couple of days. Bugs and I are planning a trip to Dominica, Antigua, Monsarat, San Juan, then a cruise home to Miami for a belated christmas (after we finish the BDL 152 salvage). I've been off-shore for the past several weeks on a barge with 120,000 barrels of oil that should never have been allowed to sink but sometimes salvage by committee takes more time than god gives us and when she rolled over, I had just pulled the divers out and was desperately trying to throw off the lines that tied the Lana to her. That got me my shot of adrenaline for this semester. I literally pushed against the monster as she rolled upside-down, carrying these giant yokohama fenders to the bottom of the gulf of Mexico along with her. I didin't realize these huge balloons could fly until it broke loose and went airborne between us and the 152 and that was quite exciting as well. Weather ran us in last night and it looks like four or five days of crappy conditions, so I jumped a plane and came home to see my lovely wife and dogs. I seem to have aquired a serious chest cough, not surprising since we have been working around the clock for the past several weeks off-shore. Weather permitting, we may complete lightering the oil off her before christmas, but there's no way we'll get her rolled back over by then. Well, we see you guys on CNN (that'll be me standing next to the captain of the Exxon Valdez).
    http://www.d8publicaffairs.com/go/doc/425/89575/
    http://prettybirds.blogspot.com/2005/11/coast-guard-pics-of-barge.html

2. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Great to hear from you SC :D Take care of that chest cough while you're off duty.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wow, be careful out there SC. Take a break and get over that cough. They have a tendency to linger.

4. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

whats up Brother

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Good to hear from you.

See you when we see you

6. Seacowboys

Just booked flights to San Juan and cruise for self and darling wife for Jan. 15. We'll be going to Aruba, Barbados, Dominica...can't wait.

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

You don't cruise around the Gulf and Caribbean enough?
    I figured you'd take a vacation on dry ground.

8. Seacowboys

My wife wants the cruise and since I have only seen her for maybe eight or ten days this year, she gets the cruise...LOL

9. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Now that makes sense to me. I hope she enjoys the cruise seacowboys.

You take care of yourself!

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Good to hear from you, take care and Have fun on the cruise.

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If I could only see the b*tch for a few days a year, I would get married. As it stands, I won't get married until I find a job that requires more of my time away from home, preferrably one that includes naked women and exotic body oils. Hmmm...

Anyway, nice to hear nobody is seriously injured. That tanker looks daunting. Best to you and the wife. :D

12. Seacowboys

well, the dreaded call came and once more I find myself suffering the indignaties of boarding a plane for Houston. I did have time to pick up a nice colt diamondback today and ordered a kit for my uzi.

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So, what....you have to get back to work and not get to go for the cruise and such? That sucks! Good to hear from you and look forward to hearing more from you as time permits.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7