Drying Clothes without electricity

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Ganado, Aug 25, 2016.

1. MyPrepperLife

MyPrepperLife Monkey

When planning and building my new off-grid house, I thought about several different places to install a clothesline. But I've had to make some changes to the house plans, and for a few reasons the clothesline ideas I had aren't going to work out.

Now today while reading this thread, I thought, "How about a clothesline on my porch?" (The front of my house has a porch that's about 18 feet long.) So just now I googled "photos of clothesline on porch" and got this:

Google

For a couple reasons, I like the idea of having a clothesline on my porch. One reason is that I won't need to get my feet wet with damp grass or snow when hanging clothes on the clothesline and retrieving them. The other reason is that the clothes will be somewhat protected from precipitation when it rains or snows.

T. Riley likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

In Maine we would just hang them, let them freeze and eventually they would dry through sublimation of ice.

Ganado likes this.
  1. Prepsteader13
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  13. Alanaana
  14. martha_mill
  15. Sojourn
  16. ED GEiN
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Yard Dart
  19. Swedish woman
  20. Swedish woman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7