Dual Boot W7 64 bit & W7 32 bit??

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Redneck Rebel, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Anyone done it? I don't have an extra PC to setup as a 32 bit system and I need one for flashing Androids to different carriers. Having to turn away business because certain phones 32 bit drivers simply refuse to function on my 64 bit PC's.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Run it in a Virtual Machine, on your 64Bit PC using the FREE VirtualBox from Oracle.... ..... YMMV....

3. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I know I should but I really don't feel like learning new software... Is it idiot proof or am I gonna need a few stiff drinks to deal with it?

4. BTPost

VirtualBox is about as idiot proof as any piece of software can get..... You just download the one for your OS, and then launch it, configure the Virtual Machine for amount of Core Memory, Video Memory, Number of Processors, size of virtual Hard Drive, and Windoz Version. Then plug your MicroSquach OS CD in the CD Drive, and run the MS-OS Installer just like you would on a New BootDrive. When it is done, you have a Virgin MS OS and you can put anything you like on it. If you "screw the pooch" you just ERASE IT, and do it again. You never mess with the Basic OS that is running the PC, at all. All you are dealing with is the Virtual Machine. If it get infected with a virus, no biggy, you just erase it and reload a saved copy of the original Virtual Machine, that you made a backup of, after you finished the original installation... ..... YMMV....

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Ok so can I make a persistent install to Virtualbox? Like set it up with the 32 bit OS, install all the required tools for phone mods and not have to go to the trouble every time I need a 32 bit system?

6. BTPost

Yep, and then just launch it when you need it otherwise just run your Main OS... all it takes is a bit of core memory and some HDD space.... You can have multiple versions, setup for different things and just launch the one you need, at the moment. When you done, just shut it down, till you need it again.... I run ALL my MonkeyNet stuff on a Widows XP VM, on my Mac OSX iMac. I just launch the VM and size the VM window for what I need to see. Then when I am done, I just shut it down, all the while continuing to run the Mac OSX stuff underneath. .... YMMV...

Redneck Rebel likes this.
  7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

K, I'll give it a shot. Thx for answering the questions BT.. I'm sure I'll have more LOL

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7