Dual Survival

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Tango3, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Got the tee vee on. Dual survival is on discovery with barefoot Cody lundin and Dave Canterbury moving through a la. swamp. they are running up on pool after pool full of watermocs. Cody says dave is being real tolerant of his "hippyazz". ( i.e.no boots)[booze][booze] Cody seems to have gained real respect for ol "Jake" (the "snake")
    dave is attacking an alligator for dinner who's gonna be the "eater" and who's the "eatee" to be determined after a word from our sponsor.

2. SilentDave

SilentDave Monkey+

Dave is to much of a risk taker in my opinion. I will say he know his stuff though.
    As far as Cody goes I respect his way of thinking about survival. He plays it smart and keeps progress going forward without the risk.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I respect Cody for his:" 98.6 (keepign your ass alive)" simple philosophy, But I think his going bare foot in a southern swamp is as dangerous as Canterbury's alligator assault..

4. SilentDave

SilentDave Monkey+

That is a very good point indeed!! I am not into the swamp at all. I like the woods in the cascades and the olympics. There all you really have to worry about is cougars and bears. I hope that they do more episodes here in the states.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Me too silentdave I know it's just tee bee but I like that kinda stuff long as it isnt bear gryyls squeezing liquid out of elephant turds to drink..I much prefer the continental u.s. situations vs the kalahari bush in africa or the Atacamo desert bolivia...forest Stuff I can use and relate too..:)

6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I really enjoy watching this show when I can... interesting... Reminds me of the old "Odd Couple" shows... Felix and what was the other guys name????.... anyway... nice contrasting views....

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oscar. Sports writer.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

there's more than a bit of ego going back and forth. Cody was giving dave crap about his alligator kill and Dave says "
    Hey out here we "leave the skirt home or stay on theporch". cody gets crap for his "hippyazz" survival philosophy. I really liked 98.6 and I like this teebee show the more I find of it.. beats Bear Gryyls squeezing water out of elephant turds and filling a snakeskin with urine like a bota bag.

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

oh yeah..oscar....madison/felix..unger.

I

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

We about fell over laughing when he said that! [LMAO]

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

LOL this show is serious comedy. I remember Canterbury back in his YouTube days and he always had that meathead toughness. I like this show, but I am waiting for the free internet uploads to coalesce before getting into it entirely since I don't watch TV.

12. MeadsJN

MeadsJN Senior Citizen

I get a kick out of Dual Survivor; a good reminder that you might not get to pick your partners in a survival situation, but working together in most cases will increase your chances of surviving.

I grew up in the Great Dismal Swamp area of northeastern NC, and that swamp episode in LA had me laughing. As a kid, I waded through swamps barefoot every summer to get to the preferred fishing spots. On trips back in later years, I've driven past some of those spots and wondered, "how could I have been so stupid?" I wouldn't willingly go into that mess now with any kind of gear.

13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

ROFL! That's so true, man! [applaud] I remember hiking out into the Nevada desert as a kid with nothing except a t-shirt, pair of shorts, sandals, water bottle, and a pocket knife. We would climb the nearby mountains and hike all day without a worry in the world, but today I find myself looking back and wondering why I never brought a compass and a decent pair of boots at least.

14. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7