Duck explosion

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Flying in HOT!!!
    Duck Explode.

Gator 45/70, melbo, dragonfly and 3 others like this.
  2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Looks like half went forward and half went straight down. HELL what was being shot at those defenseless critters?

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Y'all have seen those quail with the blue cowlick looking thingy at the top front of their head right? Well years ago while working the firing line of a 100yd, 200yd, 300yd range, before anyone had arrived I took sight on one of those quail that was milling about below the target frame at 200 yards. I squeezed the shot off, and I swear on my mother's heart, almost like slow motion feathers flew, and that poor critters cute little head detached and lifted in an upward arc for about 3 feet, and then fell to the ground. I didn't really expect to hit it. I expected to scare the crap out of it with a near miss....:oops:[dunno].... good thing no one was there yet. I was shooting a Remington Model 788 in .308win with a 3 x 9 x 40 cheap scope

Falcon15 and dragonfly like this.
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

nothing left for supper

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

That's just WRONG!
    Hee hee....
    (rabbit season,.... duck season,.....rabbit season,... duck season...comes to mind!)

larryinalabama and Falcon15 like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A few years back, we had a single stupid little Quail that would strut around about fifteen feet in front of the benches at our range. Folks were shooting all manner of rifles over his lil head. I figured he was likely deaf.
    Had a buddy shoot his M44 Mosin Carbine at the fenceline about 125 yards away, aiming at the sparrow sitting atop it.
    The top wire parted with a "TWANG!" and the sparrow disappeared but for a puf of feathers. I still think the wire got him.......

7. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

i did that once to a mallard with #2 Tungstens at too close a range. I hit square in the neck so that the duck was edible. In fact now that I think back 10 years or so, that is exactly where I was aiming.

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

Had a woodpecker railing on my siding early one morning, stuck the 45 out the window thinking I'd scare him away. I still feel bad about that one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7