Took some pics of our garden today. It's a mess. I had a couple of years where I didn't mess with it due to personal crap that sucked the life out of me, so this year has been a lot of cleaning up and rebuilding. We lost 3 of the grapevines last summer, not entirely sure what happened but they were never very healthy ones to begin with so no loss. Got a lot of grapes coming on now. Don't ask me the varieties. Front row is white, back row is black and red. Tags got lost a long time ago. That big tree in the back is an apricot, there's a peach to it's left that's still pretty young. This is a mix of banana, habanero, and jalapeno peppers with an oregano in the front corner there. I have to prison fence it because my idiot Doberman will jump in the tub and dig it up to bury his toys and bones. This is the bluegill tank. It's kind of an aquaponic setup but more entertainment value than anything right now since I had to take down most of the beds to redo them. I have sweet potato cuttings stuck in the media bed and sump just to get them rooted. Media bed also has mint, some sad looking cucumbers, and some boston ferns I got from walmart for $3 each because they'd almost killed them. There's 50ish bluegill in the big tank. I did have catfish last few years but we ate them all. Fish truck back in the area in a few weeks, deciding if I want to try to get a couple more tanks cycled in for them. My sump is not "correct" I suppose, in that I set it up like a bog/lake. The filter drains into a gravel bog, then flows over into the "lake" which has freshwater clams to act as filters, snails for algae control (and to feed the bluegill when they make too many of themselves), and a couple black mollies who deal with the mosquitoes. The fish tank water is crystal clear and tests perfect so it works. Strawberry tub. It's set up as a wicking bed. That pipe sticking up is the fill tube. There's a water reservoir in the bottom 1/4 made out of some old drainage pipe and an overturned cement mixing tub. Drain is hooked into the tub's original bottom drain. Tomatoes and peppers behind it. Looking down the garden. The IBC to the left is a chicken waterer, has a line tapped into it with little sippy cups running along it. Holds a year's worth of water for the biddies. On the right are wicking beds. Peppers, next one had onions but we just pulled them all so only has rosemary and thyme and a crummy cherry tomato that I will never plant again in it. Then more peppers, plus a couple sugar baby watermelons that I'm pulling through the pallet fence to grow along it on the other side. We ripped out the old pallet decking and are putting in pavers. Tomatoes on the right, chicken house to the left. Corn, pumpkins in the back there. These wicking beds at the front of the pic were just put in this year and the hubs didn't understand how much the dirt would settle so he planted as soon as we made them. Dirt settled A LOT and the plants have been crappy since they're like 3" off the sand base. There's some San Marzano (sp?) tomatoes in this closest one that may come on though, and I planted some zucchini and butternut there on the side last week. Think I have enough time left in the season for them to produce. There's another wicking bed around the corner with okra in it. That corn in the back there, the one in the dirt on the left was planted 4 weeks earlier than the ones in the beds. It's an Indian corn I just grow for decoration and the chickens. The two wicking beds are sweet corn. After seeing some videos where they used sand instead of gravel in their wicking beds I decided to give it a try, but meh. Still have more beds to install, think I'm going back to gravel. If you're scratching your head wondering what a wicking bed is, this is a post I did a few years back about making them.