DW's primal journal

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by ditch witch, Mar 7, 2014.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

[worthless][applaud]:D

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

How can anything called "Snack: chocolate fat bomb"
    be good for you? This Primal way of eating is so foreign to all that I have had pounded into my head. They always said bacon is bad, avacado is bad. Only lean meats, no cheeses.... it is all upside down and confusing.

Yard Dart and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You know Mr I am in perfect shape we haven't seen a picture from you.... for all we know.....

Yard Dart, ditch witch and kellory like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Besides, DW posts pictures all the time, I love her plates. :D

5. kellory

There is not a picture of me on the web, in any fashion besides legal ID.

I know what misuse pics can be put to. ;)

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

they lied to us all these years...THOSE MF'ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elessar, ditch witch and Motomom34 like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Oh now do you think we would alter your picture??? We may alter Biden pics or turn Michele O into Sasquatch but we would be kind.... :rolleyes:

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL!

Well that is a huge issue. It is very hard to un-program yourself. I am a faithful reader of DW's primal journey and she will have bacon and immediately I think- that's a no-no, but I am wrong.

Speaking of bacon what are people going to do when the bacon shortage hits. That horrible piglet disease makes me think I should stock up.

9. kellory

I would end up as an advertisement for male enhansment drugs, without my endorsement, nor profit. (Nor need for that matter), once an image hits the web, it's a free for all.;)

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[worthless] :D!!

11. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

You think the name is bad, wait until you see what's in it. I got it off a low carb/keto forum as a means to get enough fat without adding carbs or protein. I about gagged making them, though they don't taste half bad. This makes 24 of 'em.
    • 185 grams coconut oil
    • 50 grams nut butter (almond or macadamia)
    • 4 to 6 teaspoons xylitol or equivalent sweetness using stevia (sweeten to taste)
    • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 125 grams unsalted butter
    • pinch of salt
    • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract/essence
    1. Melt all ingredients together in a pot.
    2. Cool mixture slightly and pour into ice-cube trays.
    3. Put into freezer to set for a few hours.
    4. Once set, pop them out of the mould and place in freezer bags or a plastic container for a quick and easy snack.
    Each of these fat bombs contain:
    • 1 gram of carbs
    • 14 grams of fat
    And this thread will have to stay worthless for now. If I get into those jeans I'll post a before/after, but not until then.

Motomom34, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  12. Yard Dart

A show and tell is fair I say.... hmmmm:p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Motomom34 likes this.
  13. ditch witch

I'm sitting here wheezing with inhaler in hand after a mile and a half walk around town. Wind and dust is up big time today. Asthma kicked in about 3/4 of the way home and of course I didn't bother to take an inhaler with me. Sounded like a freight train when I finally came in the front door. To make things worse, last night my pinched nerves decided to remind me they haven't left the party. Between the wheezing and the ice pick in the spine, I'm a hot mess right now, but at least I got a walk in today.

I have the house to myself through Sunday afternoon. This means I get to eat weird stuff without question, stuff that I've had stashed in the freezer for just such an occasion. :D I have about 6 pounds of turkey gizzards and a bucket of turkey tails from last November's turkey buying spree. Since coating the gizzards in cornmeal and flour and deep frying them in canola oil is out, I brined them for 24 hours, then threw them on the grill for about 40 minutes. The tails are for turkey tail soup, but I figured why not toss a couple on the grill and eat 'em straight. It might have looked disgusting, but it tasted great!

I have an appointment on Tuesday to get the next set of trays for my Invisalign. Think I will call my dr office and see if I can get in to get some blood work done. Cholesterol, blood sugar, whatever else they test for. Just to see what's going on. All this oil and fat... I can't help but think you could plaster a wall with what's in my arteries now.

Yesterday
    Breakfast: Avocado w butter
    Lunch: canned salmon egg bacon salad same as yesterday
    Dinner: turkey gizzards and tails, and butter roasted baby carrots
    Snack: choco bomb

Today
    Breakfast: 2 slices bacon, 1 egg fried in their most excellent grease
    Lunch: Baby spinach, tuna, cheddar, flax seed, tomato salad w mayo
    Dinner: 8 oz steak w peppers, onions and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil

Scale: either -1.8 or sitting still. Damn thing can never make up it's mind. I'd say it's female, but then it'd just say "Oh I don't care, whatever you think you weigh is fine with me." And then it'd argue with every single number I came up with.

Motomom34, chelloveck and Sapper John like this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sorry but I winced and scrunched up my face at turkey gizzards. I never knew real people eat them, I thought that was a Beverly Hillbilly's thing, Granny was always cooking up gizzards. BTW- what is a gizzard?

Now about these choc bombs. One of the ingredients is xylitol . My natural Dr told me to eat this stuff. She said I could use it in a cake. I don't even know how to pronounce it and it doesn't seem to natural. I read it could kill your dog. So is xylitol natural or synthetic? I read the Wikipage and it was a chemical but then went on to say it is found in plants.

15. ditch witch

I got my start in North Carolina and as I have come to realize, we was po. Mom tended to fix stuff like mustard greens, collards, and fried gizzards. What's the PC term? Soul food? I never liked the greens but give me a plate full of fried chicken gizzards and I'm a slopped hog. The Mr. just about gags to see me eat them, heh. Here's your Wiki definition... reads even worse than it sounds. :D And if that makes you make a face, mebbe I should thaw out those chicken feet...

I used that stevia stuff. I didn't know what xylitol was. For all I know they're one and the same.

Dinner is calling me to cook it.
    Sat Dinner.JPG Saturday.JPG

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  16. ditch witch

I've been waiting all week for my Starbucks, and even if it was just the bottled frappuccino it was delicious for breakfast. Tho not entirely worth the 12 carbs and 10 AM hunger that hit. I'm sure I'll have forgotten that by next Sunday, when I pop the top on one again. :D

So I get these recipe 'o da week emails from Traeger, and one for a "Spring Frittatta" came in. With 12 dozen and growing eggs in the fridge thanks to my usual egg buyer being in jail this weekend, I figured a recipe that used up half a dozen was perfect for tonight. The fact that it was perfect for Primal AND the stores all have asparagus in was an added bonus.

Diced asparagus, sweet red pepper, mushrooms and chopped bacon get a 5 minute saute in Kerry Gold butter.
    Sun1.

Then in went a mix of 6 eggs, heavy cream, cheddar, and some diced scallions, and off to the grill for 20 minutes.

Sun2.

Ahhhhh, perfection. The hardest part was not eating half the damn thing.

In other news my scale is a $%#_! liar. So are the 6 ounce cans of Honey Boy salmon that only have 4.5 ounces in them.

Sunday.JPG

Sapper John, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  17. Yard Dart

You can cook any day in my camp.... please... :)

chelloveck and ditch witch like this.
  18. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Speaking of the bacon shortage, I'm having a had time paying $1.39 each for avocados. It feels like the prices for all food have doubled in the last ten years!

ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  19. ditch witch

The big Hass avocados are $1.99 here, but I can usually find the smaller ones 3 for $1 at Amigos and that's the size I want anyway. I get them as green as I can. Got 'em in the fridge now, see if I can't get a little more shelf life out of them.

What I have a hard time with is United and Amigos are owned by the same company, but as you can gather from the names, cater to a different market. I can go to United and get lemons 4 for $1, or Amigos and find them 7 for $1. Same lemons. Pilgrim's Pride whole chicken, on sale at both, but .88 a pound at United and .57 a pound at Amigos. Or my husband's favorite, huge uncut ribeye vac sealed for $6.99 a pound at United, or $4.99 a pound at Amigos. And of course, avocados. Small ones two for a buck at United, three for a buck at Amigos.

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have heard this before. I heard that Wal-mart meat is really not what it weights. I can believe that they are cheating us the consumer. Maybe if you cal up & complain they will send you some coupons.

BTW- the frittata looks amazing. Looks like quiche w/o the crust.

ditch witch likes this.
  1. runswithdogs
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. cschattner
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Ganado
  8. DarkLight
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Ura-Ki
  11. GrayGhost