DYI - SNOWFLAKES

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Ganado, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Cuz I know how excited some of you get about 'snowflakes'
    its that tiem of year again.

Last year was paper snowflakes, always a fun option, this year, pipecleaner snow flakes and fake icicles.
    Will post when i get them all up. In the mean time here is a teaser for pipe cleaner snowflakes
    [​IMG]

Motomom34 and techsar like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thank you miss Ganado ,,, as this isn't my most favorite time of year,,, I do appreciate you that do brighten this time for some of us ,,,thank you.

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i was messing around with my nieces and nephews and their kids... we made 'fake' stained glass ornaments this year as well.
    the whole thing was under $10
    99cent acrylic paint 6 colors at wal mart
    elmers glue mixed 1part to 2 parts black acrylic paint for the outline
    paint them on sheet protectors from the office supply store or walgreens or walmart or dollar store

it was a fun afternoon and the paint is washable

i got them to stick to the window by spraying the back with water and slapping them on the window.
    [​IMG]

I realize they look cartoony in daylight but I dont mind that kind of look and at night they do look like stainglass... the thinner you paint them the better but young hands and fingers (trust me when i say kids paint with their fingers lol) like to lay it on thick.

It was a fun afternoon. I did prep the outlines of all the ornaments with the black lines on the sheet protectors so the kids could 'paint' between the lines. That took two days because I had to do so many so each kid could have 3 or 4 to paint. But worth the time and effort for the fun had by all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you have freezing temperatures you can make snow using an old paint spray gun that uses compressed air. (And water)

techsar and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

HOT / Warm Water !!

7. Man, I never could make any of these paper snowflakes as a kid. And sure as heck can't do one now.

Motomom34 and SB21 like this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Snow made in ski areas use cold water, from lakes wells or alternative reservoirs.
    Compressed air mixed with the water as it is sprayed into the atmosphere further freezes the water as the air decompresses forming drops into very small hail.
    The colder it is, the greater the volume of snow can be made. High humidity has the reverse effect.
    0- 20 degrees makes some of the best snow.
    Never eat snow at a ski area,

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

SnowflakeSkulls.

Ganado and SB21 like this.
  1. Bishop
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. hot diggity
  4. hot diggity
  5. Ganado
  6. Bishop
  7. Oltymer
  8. Motomom34
  9. Ganado
  10. chelloveck
  11. chelloveck
  12. Ganado
  13. Ganado
  14. lonewolf88
  15. Witch Doctor 01
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Witch Doctor 01, Sep 20, 2015, 12 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  16. Hanzo
  17. Bear
  18. Motomom34
  19. Bear
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7