EAA Witness 10mm?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by AxesAreBetter, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Pretty much! Unless you run pretty weak ammo, or run .40 S&W!

That's one of the cool things about 10 mm, you can usually just swap recoil springs and shoot .40 Short and Weak through it!
    Makes for cheap plinking that way!

3M-TA3 likes this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@Ura-Ki As I understand it Glock increased the cartridge support in Gen 2 or Gen 3 after they got bashed for failure issues with the 40 S&W. Supposedly the issue was resolved and one of the reasons the S&W M&P's were designed to handle 40 S&W even when the initial offerings were 9mm.

That Rock Island looks very interesting, but not sure how well the grip would fit my hand. One of the reasons I sold my Taurus Beretta clone was because the grip was so badly designed that it felt clumsy. The same capacity TZ-75, though, feels like a dream. I know you have at least one double stack 10mm 1911, and I'm pretty sure you have handled a Beretta when you were with .mil, so what are your thoughts?

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Actually, the grip on all my 1911 double stacks is almost 1/4 inch thinner then the same cartrige Glock, and a few MM thinner then my beloved M-9/92!
    One of the neato things about the non 2011 series double stack 1911s is changeable grips, allowing you to tune it to fit your hand, as well as main spring housings, so its way ahead of the curve in tuning to fit! The 2011 series ( of which i built/ use several) require a spendy alloy grip, making them less tuneable, but still thinner then Glock! Another plus is that a metal frame pistol can be "Adjusted" by adding checkering in any corsness you would want, and they can further be added to, or subtracted from ( a little) to further enhance the fit! The 1911 series were the legos gun before that was even cool!

Oddcaliber likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I daily carry a single stack 10 mm that has been fully customised and tuned to fit my needs! That's 10 rounds of ful nuke 10mm on tap, and 38 rounds as back up!
    20171109_164745.

5. STGThndr

STGThndr Monkey+

The Witness is a solid, all-steel pistol. Double action and high cap.. and has a safety... Ive owned examples of each of these in one form or another and would go with the Witness or the Glock, personally. The Glock weighs less and carries easier, but has no safety. The barrel support issue is easily fixed IF you don't mind spending the extra $$.. Otherwise the Witness would be my choice in 10mm. Not to take anything away from the 1911-style- lord knows Ive owned/own a few-, but a double action is more appealing to me as I just don't like carrying "cocked and locked" if it can be avoided. JMHO/YMMV!
    Edited to add: While changing out the barrel in a Glock 10, I would also look into replacing the recoil spring with something a bit heavier from Wolf or other manufacturer. Just cuz...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7