Eating utensils

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaymondPeter, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

I saw this tip on another site and thought I would share:

"If you eat or get desserts at fast food restaurants, go inside. That way you can grab a handful of the prepackaged "spork" type utensils. Grab a few extra everytime and pretty soon you'll have enough for all your outdoor eating needs. I like them because they are individually wrapped, I.E. sanitary. But most of all, they are free.

The ones Ive found that I like the best are from KFC. They have a knife, fork, napkin, salt, pepper, and one of those little moist towelettes inside them. Very useful in the field.

Hope this helps."

So what do you use in the field?

2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like the way you think !!

3. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

I even saw one person post about going to get Chinese food so they could get some chopsticks! lol However I am a fan of the KFC utensils myself... ;)

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Wendy's has the best, heaviest-duty plasticware I have found. I usually get a handful of them each time I stop in there - about once a month. I keep a few spoons at work for my coffee.
    For camping and outdoors, I use the lexan Sporks from Wally's sporting goods - unbreakable and only need one utensil.

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I do the same thing with condiments. I always ask for ketchup & mustard, even I don't plan on using it with that meal (also hot sauces from Taco Bell when I go there). I have a few in my desk drawer at work so in case I need to use some, I've got some.

I know some people will equate this with "stealing", but I don't. For example, when I go to BK and ask for some ketchup in the drive through, they had me a handful of packets, I might use one, and put the rest away for use later.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7