1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Eating utensils

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaymondPeter, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

I saw this tip on another site and thought I would share:

"If you eat or get desserts at fast food restaurants, go inside. That way you can grab a handful of the prepackaged "spork" type utensils. Grab a few extra everytime and pretty soon you'll have enough for all your outdoor eating needs. I like them because they are individually wrapped, I.E. sanitary. But most of all, they are free.

The ones Ive found that I like the best are from KFC. They have a knife, fork, napkin, salt, pepper, and one of those little moist towelettes inside them. Very useful in the field.

Hope this helps."

So what do you use in the field?
  2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like the way you think !!
  3. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

I even saw one person post about going to get Chinese food so they could get some chopsticks! lol However I am a fan of the KFC utensils myself... ;)
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Wendy's has the best, heaviest-duty plasticware I have found. I usually get a handful of them each time I stop in there - about once a month. I keep a few spoons at work for my coffee.
    For camping and outdoors, I use the lexan Sporks from Wally's sporting goods - unbreakable and only need one utensil.
  5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

I do the same thing with condiments. I always ask for ketchup & mustard, even I don't plan on using it with that meal (also hot sauces from Taco Bell when I go there). I have a few in my desk drawer at work so in case I need to use some, I've got some.

I know some people will equate this with "stealing", but I don't. For example, when I go to BK and ask for some ketchup in the drive through, they had me a handful of packets, I might use one, and put the rest away for use later.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary