Eclipse "Panic" Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Aug 18, 2017.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

My next door neighbor was so fearful with indian superstition she felt sick being out side because of the event.
    The event actually didn't mean that much to me being much like a cloud passing by.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Checked with my brother who traveled to the WY/NE border. He stayed on back (dirt) roads - no traffic. He did say Route 85 was bumper to bumper - so, yeah...having DeLorme maps is a good thing....

BTW - he works for NOAA and doesn't trust the in-car "GPS navigators" as the "maps" used are both horribly out of date and use a scale unknown in nature....

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Mac/iPhone Maps that Apple uses, are not bad at all.... We navigate using them when we do Road Trips in the White Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck... the 4G/LTE Hotspot usually has good RSL as long as we are on a US Highway or Interstate....

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

And if I have not mentioned it I AM GLAD ECLIPSEOMANIA IS OVER. And in 2024 another one is going to pass by here again :(

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I had many Kids & mothers & Seniors down @ the beach . I brought many & bought lenses .
    10 for old ass , 15 for kids & reverse protection for all !!!

We had a good time & I felt I helped !
    Sloth

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Tell y'all what, I'll take the eclipsomania before another of momma nature's dump on humanity.

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

need a - like

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I'll take eclipseomania over all this antifa nonsense in the news.

Cruisin Sloth, ghrit and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7