Economists advocating survivalism

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by fortunateson, Mar 12, 2010.

1. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Faber and Mish: We're Doomed and Washington Can't Do Anything About It

Washington is patting itself on the back for having orchestrated an amazing economic recovery. But Washington lawmakers are a delusional bunch of boneheads, say Marc Faber and Mike "Mish" Shedlock, editor of the Gloom, Boom, and Doom Report and investment advisor at SitkaPacific Capital Management, respectively.

The economy is NOT recovering, they say, and the U.S. faces a depressing "eventuality" of either crushing deflation (Shedlock) or runaway inflation (Faber). The timing and type of this eventuality is uncertain, say the gurus, but they are certain it's too late for America to change course.

"It's beyond repair -- it's too late," to avert fiscal disaster, Faber declares.

"The day of reckoning has arrived. The question is how long it takes to play out."

This grim outlook doesn't mean you're helpless. Faber recommends individuals prepare for doomsday by buying gold, owning assets abroad and buying property outside of major cities.

Watch the video:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticke...ington-can't-do-anything-about-it-441381.html

Or

faber and mish we're doomed and washington can't do anything about it: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Unfortunately,....
    Trying to advise anyone today to "prepare" for whatever may come, is being likened akin to chicken little shouting: "The sky is falling..."
    It may be too little and too late for some....
    Money can buy you supplies, equipment and the like....
    But....Knowledge takes time to learn.

3. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

Yeah, but it's kinda freaky that even mainstream folks are starting to recognize that THE SKY IS in fact FALLING!

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Wow!
    I got a number of emails from a whole lot of very concerned and frightened people in the past 24 hours....Some I have not heard from in several years!
    Most have just NOW decided to do something...and they have little to NO idea of where to turn to....They are from retirees, college students, soon to be discharged military people, and even some fresh out of school!
    Talk about age ranges!
    Everyone has the same dilemna.....
    They have woke up, and found themselves in a place they dont recognize anymore, and they are scared.
    I suppose someone has been watching the news...
    Who knew?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7