Ed and Elaine Brown; convicted of conspiracy to kill feds

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Just heard this on coast to coast a.m. infowars is carrying the AP story.
    http://www.infowars.com/ed-and-elaine-brown-convicted-in-plot-to-defend-themselves/ taser1

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/09/national/main5147275.shtml

Tax Evaders Guilty of Plot to Kill Feds

N.H. Couple Convicted on All Counts For 9-Month Standoff at Fort-Like Home

• [​IMG] Photo Ed and Elaine Brown talk to reporters during a news conference in Plainfield, N.H., in this June 18, 2007 file photo. (AP Photo/Jim Cole, FILE)

• [​IMG] Interactive Crime Beat Statistics and specifics on crime in America.

(AP) <!-- sphereit start--> A couple were convicted Thursday on all counts of plotting to kill federal agents during a nine-month standoff at their fort-like rural home, where they had holed up to avoid arrest on tax evasion.

Ed and Elaine Brown, both in their 60s, face a mandatory minimum 30-year prison sentence on one charge alone.

The Browns holed up in their hilltop home in New Hampshire in early 2007 to avoid arrest after being convicted of tax evasion. They amassed an arsenal of high-powered weapons and explosives, including booby-traps in woods surrounding the home.

During the trial, Ed Brown testified that the weapons were for self-defense, saying he believed the government planned to kill him and his wife. The two were arrested in October 2007 without incident.

In court Thursday, the couple held hands and looked straight ahead as the verdict was read. They refused to stand when the jury and judge left the courtroom. Defense lawyers declined to comment.

The prosecution denounced the Browns' behavior behind their crimes.

"By rejecting the rule of the law and substituting a personal code involving weapons, explosives and threats, the defendants committed increasingly serious crimes," acting U.S. Attorney Michael Gunnison said. "Their conduct has no place in a civil society."

The Browns are scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 3.

The verdict came after seven hours of deliberation over two days.

<!-- sphereit end-->

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Re: Ed and Elaine Brown; convicted of conspiracy to kill fed

"Their conduct has no place in a civil society."

Defying the Government can not be tolerated!!!!

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Guess they didn't get a conviction on tax evasion ....
    no shots were fired: "hoarding" centerfire ammo ? +"molon labe?"= conspiracy"????

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Booby trapping is what got them, I think, as part of the threats against federal agents.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

But....But.....But....
    I was trained by the 'guberment' to use dem dere 'boobytraps.......'
    Where will I go?
    What will I do?
    What is to become of me?
    Its always gonna be somethin' ain't it?

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

youse can booby trap all youse want as long as youse don't catch one of "them (badge carrying ) boobies" out of season...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7