EDC Container

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Coyote Ridge, Jul 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Coyote Ridge

Coyote Ridge Monkey

One of the things I've spent way too much time thinking about over the years is a good container for every day carry. What would be a good option to have on your person? Well, I might have found the answer.

Tempstar likes this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Tell us what you think of it after using it in the field. I have some unfounded reservations about the design. I'd love to hear what you think after cooking in and drinking from the cup.

snake6264 and Tempstar like this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I thought that you were going to hide a small handgun in that thing! To me Every Day Carry means a weapon! Over the years I have run across several ways to hide a loaded weapon in plain sight, they usually involve a sealed glass or ceramic container that can be broken in an emergency, but you can't carry them on your person. It would be cool if that canteen had 2 compartments, one for a small handgun and another to hold liquid, just so that you could be prepared for any contingency be it danger, thirst, or noisy people. Kinda like a sword cane that carries a shot of booze in the handle.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    snake6264 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Great for the get home bag, but my EDC has to fit in the clothes I'm wearing.

Brokor, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  5. CheroKiya

CheroKiya Monkey

Gimmicky at best, esp if all you need is some liquid while movin round. The cup is useless (other than just protecting the flask-it aint no canteen) and the "canteen" itself is rather small to pretend it's gonna carry water. It's really a large "flask" with a cup so if you have a hankerin for 80+ proof now and then...I guess. Shoulda been larger with a canvas pouch, and a small retainer for the cap. Personally I like 120proof Chartreuse and put mine in my Stanley flask-the only one I have. if it was larger and had it's own pouch, maybe. I can't hike anywhere anymore myself so a flask is all I'll ever need, rightly so.
    For an edc 'container' I like the leather pouch they offer. The bag you always carry but never open. Don't hike anymore don't need that either. I use my pockets and my keyring, and lots of prayer.

6. OzVegus

OzVegus Monkey

An EDC for an Alcoholic.

1. AgentPickle
  2. selvagem
  3. AgentPickle
  4. OlDiceGames
  5. Hanzo
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Prepsteader13
  9. Dunerunner