Edge Tamer Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jan 26, 2022.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG]
    Ryan Henning <ryan.henning@r2manufacturing.com>
    Mon, Jan 24 at 11:29 AM
    Good afternoon,

You have previously heard from me, indicating that we anticipated shipping your order no later than January 28th. I'm happy to say we are going to make that date!

That said, we have some important information to share. Earlier in 2021, we made a decision to offer a new version of the Edge Tamers, which we consider superior to the ones we create now. Currently, the Edge Tamers are made from cold-rolled mild steel that is cut, formed and welded. While we have always been happy with the result (and so have our customers), we believe we could improve even further. We are now beginning to make the 4" Edge Tamers via casting. A cast part is made all in one, consistent piece. It is made from the same alloy that is used for parts in mining and industrial applications, such as bucket teeth, tow hooks, truck hitches, suspension parts, snowplow shoes, and other applications where strength and wear-resistance are highly valued. As a more precise piece, it will work even better with our accessories, such as the Edge Extenders. Put simply, this is a superior product in every dimension, and we intend to offer it in the future at the same price to our customers as our traditional Edge Tamers.

We have been working on the process of creating these parts for some time, and even though supply issues have affected both this and our traditional manufacturing channels, we finally have our first batch of the cast Edge Tamers available. Our intent is to fulfill your order with the brand new cast line of 4" Edge Tamers. We hope this will be OK with you; if you have any concerns, such as maybe matching your parts to a previous purchased set, please let us know, but let us know right away. We plan on shipping your order with the current batch, over the next several days. I realize this is short notice, but to be clear, this is an upgrade from what you were originally to receive.

In the future, we will be transitioning our other Edge Tamer products to cast as well (the 3" being next), while still offering the "legacy" version of formed parts, and will make a formal announcement in later this January. But given our backorder and desire to get parts in your hands as soon as we are able, we created this unique opportunity.

I know that this is a lot to digest, please let me know if you have any questions. Please find attached two images of our traditional Edge Tamer and a new casted Edge Tamer, to get a feel for how they will look. They are dimensionally equivalent, just stronger and even more durable.

Again, thank you for your patience, they are almost there!

Ryan Henning
    [​IMG]
    Download all attachments as a zip file

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

NOT one PIX shows

Thank You @Airtime

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

upload_2022-1-26_11-37-23.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

HK_User, Cruisin Sloth and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I been using edge tamers this winter with the tractor and they work great so much so that I can't really justify the cost of buying more until something happens to these - I mean - the work and no problem with them so why replace them. But, yes, cast would be stronger.

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7