Editing thread titles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ColtCarbine, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

When it comes to thread titles, do the Admin or Mods have a way to edit a thread title? I certainly do not, unless I am overlooking something.

Reason I ask, is I had a brain fart and copied the wrong text into a thread title then hit Create Thread not paying attention to what I put in the thread title. Now I have a thread that has a long title that I did not intend to put there and no way to edit it.

Saving this here until I have the time to add them to the Forum Downloads section

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yes, they can be edited, and I'm less sure that you can't. Go to the page where the thread appears, check the box and see what pops up as an option. If that's a no go, convo a mod or admin or two, saying what you want it to say, and away we go.

I think that should work, but only on threads you created. Try it on this very one first.

3. ColtCarbine

There isn't a box to check on my screen looking at the thread as it reads. When you use the Edit and/or More Options button there is not any box to check either. Tried the thread tool button also, it only gives me the option to delete thread.Thought about just deleting it and reposting with the correct title but thought I'd ask about editing first.

I do not know how to print screen to show you what I see.

Sending you the password to my account.

4. ColtCarbine

logging out

5. ghrit

OK, what title do you want? Will fix, can do it from here without getting into your account. Put a link to the thread here and I'll dig it out.

6. ColtCarbine

Survival links, works for me. Anything other than what is there.

Thank you for your time.

7. ghrit

How's zat? "Saved links pending edits"

No sweat, Colt, we exist to serve :lol:

8. ColtCarbine

Appreciate it, thank you

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Thread Title edits have always required moderator assistance. You should see if Tracy can do it for you next time ;)
    also, we fixed that automagic link to title thing you were asking about recently.

Now, a link that looks like this:
    Code:
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxNDQ
    becomes this:
    [Phoronix] EXT4 Data Corruption Bug Hits Stable Linux Kernels

after you post.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7