Effective weapons other then knives

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Onebereal, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

foo gas will make some people end up foo-bar... ;) :evil:

2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

what the hel is 5b for ????

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

5B is the name of the compound; same as M193 or C4.

"Experiments with the flame fougasse continued apace and it rapidly evolved. The fuel mixture was at first 40% petrol and 60% gas-oil, a mixture calculated to be useless as a vehicle fuel. A concoction of tar, lime, and petrol gel known as 5B was also developed. "5B was dark coloured, sticky, smooth paste which burned fiercely for many minutes, stuck easily to anything with which it came in contact and did not flow on burning."[10] Early flame fougasse designs had a complex arrangement of explosive charges: a small one at the front to ignite the fuel and a main charge at the back to throw the fuel forward.[10][17] An important discovery was that including magnesium alloy turnings (the waste product of machining with a lathe) with the main charge at the rear of the barrel would give reliable ignition without the necessity of a separate ignition charge and its associated wiring.[10] The alloy of about 90% magnesium and 10% aluminium was, at the time, known under the Trade name Elektron."
    Flame fougasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

thought of another favorite ... a car antena

5. Darwin

Darwin Monkey

Pretty much everything in my home could be considered a weapon. A bic pen jammed in the neck would suck, but I did make something once on the nasty side from stuff around the house. I welded big fish hooks to a 4' stretch of chain once that contacted or did a rap and you pull well like I say nasty.

6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

The availability of weapons is only limited by the availability of brains. Blunt instruments, sharp objects, poison objects, broad categories there. And size doesn't matter either. Look at the size of a bullet, or even better, the size of a germ. Of course a germ will not kill someone instantly that I know of, but it is the smallest 'weapon' I know of. And think of how many people choke on 'small' pieces of food. Granted I do not see a situation where your attacker will stop to grab a bite to eat, but you never know...

Tracy likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Fan belts used to be a weapon of choice for gangbangers in the 70's

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Wire garrot

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My scintillating wit is usually devastating when it doesn't fall on deaf ears! ;)

Key ring (with a variety of keys and chunks of metal) attached to a large heavy cast iron bottle opener...(bottle opener is about the size of a medium sized spanner)....legal to carry, but only to be used as a matter of dire necessity...such as when opening an iced cold stubby of beer!:D

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  10. kellory

I made a 18" stainless steel chainmail strap for my mother's keys. There is a loop for a handle. It makes a very effective flail.

chelloveck likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nothing like a good old Aluminum Baseball Bat..... or even a wooden one....

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    Tracy likes this.
  12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have a bat. Plus there are all the garden tools we have. And the wood maul.

13. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

If you have wooden closet rods (to hang clothes hangers on), they are usually made from oak. A nice 24-36 inch piece of oak, 1-3/4 inches in diameter, makes an effective club!

Falcon15 likes this.
  14. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

being in TX 75 percents of my time and cant help but looking at the big ass belt buckes and thinking i bet that would hurt up side the head!

Falcon15 and kellory like this.
  15. kellory

Yes, yes it does.

oldawg and Falcon15 like this.
  16. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I concur. It hurts like HELL.

kellory likes this.
  17. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i have also heard of in the old days in new york the gangs would sharpen one side of there belt buckles and slice people with>>>

18. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

My experience with the amount of alcohol intake to get myself into those situations was that the next day is when the full effect of having been woped with one comes around. And the stud leaves a nasty gash too.

kellory and Falcon15 like this.
  19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

a Monkey's paw with a .70 caliber musket ball inside on a 8" braided Para cord key chain works extremely well

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like the old long sock with a couple of roll's of quarters inside it !

1. Yard Dart
  2. Bishop
  3. AndyinEverson
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Ganado
    Resource

CARD THROWING 2018-06-28