Effective weapons other then knives

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Onebereal, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Not that I'm condoning this particular use of the instrument, but the other day, about thirty miles from me, a man was arrested for beating his wife with a sock filled with asphalt.

"The woman said when she told Taylor to leave, he pulled something out of his pocket and began to assault her."
    (Is that a sock filled with asphalt in your pocket, or are you just unhappy to see me?;))

Deputies: Woman beaten with asphalt-filled sock | Laurens/Union News - WYFF Home

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Awhile back a pilot and I were talking about way's to ''disable'' a hijacker on a plane.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

(said in a scot's brogue) It's no' asphalt! It's a wee bit o' Macadam madam!

((disclaimer) I don't condone spousal abuse, nor do I believe that spousal abuse in itself is funny, regardless of who is wielding the sock...male or female)

tulianr likes this.
  4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Hell a roll of quarters wrapped in my hand is an effective nuisance stopper.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hard on the finger bones, tho'. (Does work --)

tulianr and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. gprod55

gprod55 Monkey+++

A Bar of soap in a sock works well. Although a comb keeps our hair (if you have any) in place it also is effective in a slashing motion.

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The best weapon you have is that six inch space between your ears. A determination to not be a whining cowering pansy even in the face of intense danger/odds will get you through many a peril. Wildly aggressive animal attacks is not what perps expect nor what they usually prepare for.

8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Nor do they usually prepare for being bombarded by nekked pictures of really old people. Though if anyone here has a stockpile of those, you should be ashamed of yourselves :p

ozarkgoatman likes this.
  9. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

oldawg, Falcon15 and kellory like this.
  10. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Amazon.com: Impact Kerambit Personal Protection Self Defense Tool (Polycarbonate Thermoplastic, Hand Held): Sports & Outdoors

Travel Wrench. Insert index finger through the ring, grasp the upright of the L with the rest of the fingers. Use the lower part of the L as a striking point or the flat of the L as a blocking surface.

Designed by Kelly Worden, see details here Travel Wrench / Saf-T-Wrench

Disclaimer, I have no financial interest in this and I have never met or spoken with Mr. Worden.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Witch Doctor 01 and tulianr like this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Bishop
  3. AndyinEverson
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid