Electoral college tinfoil

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Homer Simpson, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

Homer Simpson likes this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"My question is what happens if they elect her?"
    Well, I guess then it is our turn to run around like crazies on the streets and riot until the break of dawn saying and doing...well, craziness...We get to be idiots! LOL!

I don't have time to research this but it is my understanding that within many of the State's constitutions it says the electoral must vote as the populous has voted.

marlas1too and Homer Simpson like this.
  3. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

1. Currently Trump has allegedly secured 290 electoral votes to Hillary's 228...with 20 still up in the air (MI and NH). If we give all of those 20 to Hillary, she will have 248. That means that at least 22 electors would have to change their votes to give Hillary the victory. Based on the historical number of electors who have went rogue, the odds are not good for Hillary and her wacky minions.

2. Even if they do flip, the House can simply not count the votes and on January 20/21 Pence would automagically become the acting President until such time as a President can be somehow selected. (see the 12th and 20th Amendments)

Does anyone doubt that Hillary didn't consider all the options before conceding? If she thought she had some path remaining to somehow become President, you can bet your sweet bippy that she would have refrained from a concession and would be pursuing those options.

4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

However, for the 29 states with laws against faithless electors, the highest penalty is a $1000 fine.

However...it strikes me (after 20+ years enforcing federal laws) that this is an interstate conspiracy to incite electors from those 29 states to break the state laws. The requisite "acts in furtherance" would be the starting and signing of the petition and organizing the demonstrations they want to keep going until 12/19/16 in order to influence electors. Let's remember that these petitions (the one on change.org now has well over 2 million "signatures) are not "petitioning the government for redress of wrongs" as protected by the constitution, but an attempt to influence the electors to break their state laws.

However...(once again) can any of us imagine the Lynch DoJ actually pursuing such indictments?

marlas1too and Homer Simpson like this.
  5. Bandit99

That is really interesting, Pax. And, no, I cannot see DoJ Lynch doing a damn thing besides cheering them on. But, since they would be breaking State laws would not the State Attorney Generals prosecute them and the hell with the Feds?

6. Pax Mentis

Except the conspiracy charge (federal) is the only thing with teeth, and the fact that it is being organized on the internet involving people in different states makes it federal. The states whose electors change votes can charge them with that, but max punishment is a $1000 fine.

7. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

That petition is probably being signed by the same dead voters that voted for Hillary in the general election. If a few million falsified votes couldn't put her in office, I don't think a few falsified petitions will do it either.

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

They're protesting now , if they change a legally elected candidate because of a bunch of whiny little pissants , then we'll be protesting . And I think that could could possibly turn a few of those blue states to red , if you know what I mean .

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If enough state electors change their votes to get Hiltery in I think "it would be on" and a $1K fine would be the least of their problems.

Homer Simpson and Yard Dart like this.
  11. chiroy

chiroy Monkey

I started a similar thread yesterday.
    My initial question was a bit broader but later in the discussion, I became very focused on this 1 point.
    I started doing a lot of reading after my post yesterday about how the electoral college works and its pretty clear that there is not much standing in the way of the Clinton gang trying to swing the electoral college vote towards her. In 21 states it is not unconstitutional to vote against the popular vote of that particular state.
    This is an interesting article. Please read.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Homer Simpson and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Pax Mentis

Pretty much....

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Yep, those little panty waste rioters don't know what a real riot is until you get the wrong people pissed off.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  14. Bandit99

A $1000 fine! That's it?!?! I'm stunned...I don't know what to say. So, Madonna and her cohorts are transferring funds while we speak. A $1000... I cannot even talk to that... So, a bunch of political hacks can sell their honor and change the Presidency yet receive nothing but a $1000 fine...if what you say is correct then this is very possible........ We'll see. This makes me too angry to even speak my thoughts and certainly not online. We'll see. Yet, people question the reason for the 2nd Amendment...

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Obviously something stinks in New Hampshire. One of the smaller states in the union and they were still counting votes ran out of fingers? I think New Hampshire showed its stripes during the primary- Sanders won landslide NH Democratic primary vote, but Clinton ties him in delegate count where were these protestors when Sanders was winning the popular votes but Hillary was scooping the electorates?

Questions I have is if the electoral college did decide to give the presidency to Clinton, her cabinet is not ready or nothing has been prepared for that transition so would Obama continue to rein until she is ready? I have noticed that both Obama and Clinton are very silent. Their silence makes me uneasy.

I also believe her concession was a nod to the elector results as they stood on Wednesday.

16. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

If this is the case, and if this is the plan, I would be incredibly surprised if the cabinet isn't already planned out with discussions already finalized. They may not "know" that it's still on, but if Hillary is anything she's a planner. They admitted fairly early on that she had two speeches ready or being worked on on election night.

No, she'll step right in assuming something other than Obama doesn't prevent it.

Prepare for a legal challenge at the very least if the electoral college goes this way. Depending on the status of the case on 1/20, I have no idea how things would play out.

17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This is floating around, I think the people need to understand the ramifications if the electoral college is done away with.

Granted I am not happy with the electoral, especially during the primary but I have a biased because my state tweaked their Republican primary so that the voices of the people were semi-stifled.

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Whoooooah... Wait a minute, here.... When your talking Primaries, and Electoral College Votes, You are talking Apples and Oranges.... Primaries only select Convention Delegates for that Parties Convention.... Electoral College Electors are selected, by using each States local Statutes, and then Meet and cast their Votes for President & Vice President, as per State Statutes.... Each State makes their own Rules for how their Electors, Vote... This has NOTHING to do with Primaries........

19. Bandit99

Well, I don't know what they will do but... I will predict that if the electoral votes are changed to change the election then this nation will be ripped into pieces and once this snowball starts going downhill it will not stop so I truly hope they know what they are doing. This is my prediction. Furthermore, to set such a precedent is dangerous and unthinkable in a Republic because what it's saying is one's vote does not count. Trump got in because he was an outsider for we are fed up with their establishment do-nothing, status quo candidates and because we could not let someone like Hillary take the top position of this nation. Trump supporters are not 'cupcakes' (did I say that I love this name for them?) and they better remember it. They better be very, very careful...

I thought I could breathe easy after November 8th but now I got to wait until 19th of December to see if they decide to end the Republic.

20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I think AZ is still counting as well. Just too close and our election person is just too old to do the job for this many people.

Someone pointed out earlier..... we don't really know if HRC got the popular vote or not because when it got to where the votes for Trump were greater than the number it took to win, they quit counting the popular vote in many counties. So the rumor that she won the popular vote is not necessarily true.

Homer Simpson and Mountainman like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7