Elessar's Primal Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Elessar, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

These numbers look much more real and I believe that I'll continue to progress from here as opposed to yesterday's numbers that just looked wonky.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and one cup of black coffee with coconut
    Lunch: big salad
    Dinner: left over Garlic chicken in cheesy sauce with egg noodles which I put on a bed of collard greens
    Snacks: 2 hard boiled eggs, 3oz dark chocolate, 4oz almonds

Weight: 213.6
    Bodyfat: 27.1

Let's get out there and make this a great day!

ditch witch likes this.
  2. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

What a crazy holiday weekend. I just gotta say that Easter truly holds the meaning of holiday in that it is one of the most holi-days to me. I always remember to pause during the egg hunts and family breakfast to offer thanks for this special nature of this Holy Day. Thank you Lord.

I was able to remain Primal during the entire weekend and it wasn't really very hard either. Long, and hectic, but normal.

Friday
    Breakfast: none
    Lunch: 3.5oz beef jerky
    Dinner: 8oz steak, salad, and 6 fish filets

Saturday
    Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy with three strips of bacon
    Lunch: none
    Dinner: big salad

Sunday
    Breakfast: two egg ham with cheese omelet, 6 strips of bacon and 6 sausage links
    Lunch: none, are you kidding me, after that breakfast?
    Dinner: three left over sausage links, some dark chocolate and a few pistachios

We were thrilled to have one showing of the farm for sale this weekend on Saturday evening. Turns out that couple is from out of town, and called back to see the farm again today for a second showing before they headed home. We have answered a lot of questions but still don't know the outcome. I guess sometimes you never know because you just never hear any feedback.

Weight: 214.6
    Bodyfat: 27.7

Motomom34, kellory, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  3. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Boy, wanna talk about a crazy day; we had another showing of the farm yesterday and it was back and forth dialogue with questions about features, utility bills, etc all afternoon. I expected to recieve an offer last night but nothing yet. So, we wait...

Also, I added my exercise program back into my daily routine today.

Pushups: 48
    Situps: 50
    Planks: 1 60 second

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
    Lunch: big salad and a yogurt
    Dinner: pan fried chicken breasts in olive oil and peas with butter
    Snack: 4oz dark chocolate

Bodyfat: 27.6

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Last year I was unable to complete any pullups; zero. I didn't have the strength. Because I was unwilling to be patient and work on increasing my strength, I damaged my right forearm in some way. After letting it heal completely, I have been able to return to my workout program to include pushups as well as complete 2 pullups without pain.

Lunch: 1.5 cups chicken vegetable soup
    Dinner: marinara with meat sauce over a bed of collard greens
    Snacks: 4oz dark chocolate, yogurt

Pushups: 46
    Situps: 0
    Planks: 0
    Pullups: 2

Bodyfat: 29.0

5. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Lunch: none, I mowed the grass with my new rotary mower
    Snacks: 3oz dark chocolate, yogurt

Pushups: 50
    Situps: 47

Weight: 212.8
    Bodyfat: 29.2

ditch witch likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Is that coconut milk?

7. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Motomom: Nope, that's coconut oil. It sounds crazy but it tastes pretty good and helps to keep my intake of healthy fats up in the correct range. I think it floats around on the top of the coffee unless you keep stiring it up, but I just drink it down after it's melted. It also knocks out lots of hunger cravings really well.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of black coffee with 1 teaspoon coconut oil
    Lunch: small salad (collard greens, brocolli shreds, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and 1oz of hot sauce)
    Dinner: 2.5 cups of left over chili with 1 oz shredded cheese on top
    Snacks: 2 oz dark chocolate

Exercise: none today

Weight: 216.2
    Bodyfat: 27.2

Crazy amount of weight added in one day and I can't believe that so I'm not going to get worried about it. I feel great and my belt continues to show improvement because I keep taken up slack.

Motomom34 and ditch witch like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you so much @Elessar. My doc said to quit the honey in my tea and I have read that coconut oil is really good for you. Sounds perfect. I am going to try this tomorrow a.m.

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Why did the doc say no to honey ?

10. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

This last weekend was a disaster. Well, not totally, but it ended up feeling a little less than cheery. My wife spent Saturday with our grandsons in Lexington and I worked another shift at the new house trying to get some of the remodeling done so we can move in. The living room is full of appliances for the kitchen that I have ordered so I feel responsible to get those pieces installed. What a mess; however, the divergent paths took us to separate points where Laura was exposed to a virus that knocked her off her feet and almost caught me. So far, knock on wood, I've avoided that ichy stuff.

Having an extra day added to the weekend because we were both feeling more than a little puny wrecked my reporting schedule, but let's see how well I can reconstruct was took place from memory.

Friday
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and one cup of black coffee with coconut oil
    Dinner: Taco salad
    Snacks: a few cocktails

Exercise: I had good intentions, but, hey, it's the weekend...

Saturday
    Breakfast: 2 egg cheese and ham omelet with five slices of bacon, yum
    Lunch: none cause I was working hard on the exhaust hood installation
    Dinner: four cups chicken vegetable soup
    Snacks: 2 oz dark chocolate and 2 oz almonds

Exercise
    Pushups: 48
    Situps: 0

Sunday
    Breakfast: 2 hard boilded eggs
    Lunch: can't remember
    Dinner: 3 cups of chicken vegetable soup
    Snacks: 1 Lenekugle's pale winter ale

Exercise
    I lifted a lot of heavy things while working on the kitchen. Whew!

Monday (day of disaster when illness stuck!)
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 cups of black coffee
    Lunch: 3 cups of chicken vegetable soup
    Snacks: a few walnuts and a Lenekugle's pale winter ale

Exercise: I survived

By Monday night Laura was able to eat again and keep it down. That was huge and she's back to work today. Traumatic would be the word I'd use to describe this weekend...to be avoided.

Weight: 212.6
    Bodyfat: 30.1

11. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

I received my latest order of dark chocolate from Santa Fe Chocolate Company; 3#'s of 75% dark "coins." I was intrigued by a comment Mark Sisson made on his "Mark's Daily Apple" blog about The Dark Side of Chocolate and the fact that if you eat a higher chocolate content that you'll eat less and still gain the benefits of the antioxidants, etc. Mark reasoned that the higher chocolate content and the subsequent enhanced bittersweet flavor will cause you to cut back on intake. I was eating 60% dark and switching to 75% has done the trick. It was easy for me to say, "that's about enough of that."

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and a cup of black coffee with coconut oil
    Dinner: 3 cups of chicken vegetable soup
    Snacks: 1 oz dark chocolate, 2 oz cottage cheese

Exercise
    Pushups: 50
    Situps: 50
    Pullups: 0

Weight: 212.2
    Bodyfat: 30.6

ditch witch likes this.
  12. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Interesting. I like the dark stuff but rarely eat more than a square at a time. There's a Theo dark choco orange bar in the kitchen cabinet that's minus 1 square, and it's been there since mid January. Never really thought there might be a reason I didn't eat the whole thing in one drop.

13. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My wife likes 75% dark max, I've eaten 90% and could the whole bar in one sitting and have to force myself to only eat one square (which was 1/2 a serving according the info on the back of the bar).

I LOVES me some Dark Chocolate!

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I prefer dark.

15. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Felt pretty sick yesterday and almost didn't make it through the day, but I did, to spend the night under a blanket. Feelin' pretty good this morning though, so I came to work and see how things go. This virus is pretty nasty, but I may have taken the short route and have it licked already. We'll see...

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, no coffee
    Lunch: big salad and 1.5 cups of chicken vegetable soup
    Dinner: 1.5 cups Zatarain's Dirty Rice with chicken
    Snacks: none

Exercise: none

Weight: 210.2
    Bodyfat: 30.7

Let's get out there a make this a great day!

ditch witch likes this.
  16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Get better soon! :)

17. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Feeling much much better today and looking forward to a bright sunshinning day!

Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs and a cup of coffee with cocunut oil
    Lunch: 2 cups of vegetable chicken soup
    Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast in barbeque sauce, mashed cauliflower with butter, corn with butter
    Snacks: a lot of pistachio nuts and 1 oz of dark chocolate

Exercise: none, opps

Weight: 213.2
    Bodyfat: 28.7

ditch witch likes this.
  18. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Crazy weekend that included a lot of time in the car. Well, truck, really, because we moved the remaining livestock to another farm. This was a diffecult task because of the amount of work required to set up the destination with the feed and equipment to manage the new location properly.

Friday
    Breakfast: none, we're having a Derby Party picnic at work so I'm looking forward to lunch
    Lunch: small salad, three grilled chicken breasts and a hotdog without the bun, a little cole slaw, and some bean salad
    Dinner: chicken fajita salad
    Snacks: 2 oz dark chocolate

Saturday
    Breakfast: three egg ham and cheese omelet with four strips of bacon
    Lunch: 3 oz ham
    Dinner: leftover grilled chicken
    Snacks: 2 oz dark chocolate and a few cocktails

Sunday
    Breakfast: McDonald's Big Breakfast of eggs, sausage, and hash browns (no biscuit or pan cakes)
    Lunch: 3 oz ham, salad greens, 2 oz cheese
    Dinner: 4 oz grilled chicken, 2 oz cottage cheese
    Snack: 1 Lenekugle's pale winter ale, 2 oz dark chocolate

We slept good last night after such a long weekend of moving equipment and livestock. Whew! Seems strange, after almost 20 years of getting up early to feed the animals, that they're gone. I have a calm about this step, as a "turning of the page" in our lives.

Weight: 210.2
    Bodyfat: 28.7

19. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Long day yesterday because we needed to get some yardwork done while the sun was shining. She mowed while I planted the seedlings that were very ready. I hope they make it. I'll be adding the tomato cages today as insurance to assist with the wild growth I am hoping for...

Finally made it back to the farm by a little after 9:00 pm and it was a lite dinner eaten standing up. We were both wiped out.

Breakfast: two hard boiled eggs but no coffee today
    Lunch: big salad, grilled beef pattie with cheese, one hotdog without bun, 1/2 cup cole slaw, 1 cup corn/bean salad
    Dinner: 4 oz grilled chicken breast
    Snack: 1 oz dark chocolate

Quigley_Sharps and ditch witch like this.
  20. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Worked late last night mowing both the yard and the field so dinner was a little screwy. By the time we finished mowing at 9:00 pm, we decided that breakfast would be quickest.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs and one cup of coffee with coconut oil
    Lunch: 1.5 cups chicken vegetable soup and one grill hamburger without the bun
    Dinner: three egg ham and cheese omelet with jalapenos and a few drops of hot sauce
    Snacks: 1 oz dark chocolate and one cocktail

Exercise: wrestling the mower over two acres

Weight: 210.8
    Bodyfat: 27.7

Added the tomato cages to the garden at the new house during my lunch break.

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. DarkLight
  9. Sapper John
  10. Yard Dart
  11. RightHand
  12. kckndrgn