eliminate grading standards in order to “combat racism”.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Oct 21, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

San Diego School District Announces it Will Eliminate Grading Standards to “Combat Racism”

The San Diego Unified School District has announced that it will eliminate its previously used grading standards in order to “combat racism”.

The move came about after it was revealed that just 7% of D or F grades are handed out to white students, while 23% went to Native Americans, 23% of failing grades went to Hispanics and 20% went to black students.

However, instead of trying to develop an actual understanding of why this is taking place, the school district simply announced that “discrimination” and “racism” were to blame before embarking on a complete do-over of the grading system in order to combat this apparent injustice.

Academic grades will now not be dependent on early tests (meaning students could flunk them and not have it affect their final grade), and grades “will now focus on mastery of the material, not a yearly average.”

Teachers will also not be able to consider non-material factors like bad behavior in the classroom and not handing in work on time when grading students.

The horrific irony of this of course is that is will simply incentivize already underperforming students to act out in class and miss coursework deadlines.

“The board will also review potential student disparities stemming from its zero-tolerance disciplinary policy on cheating in the coming weeks,” reports NBC News

more info and video on site...

San Diego School District Announces it Will Eliminate Grading Standards to “Combat Racism”

2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I remember the days when an education in the U.S. was the best in the world. Now, it's been dumbed down to the point that it's useless except for indoctrinating our kids to leftist ideology. Disgusting!

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Make policy based only on skin color...
    Yeah, isn't that like the world accepted text book definition of racism?

Oddcaliber, techsar and SB21 like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

>........................................And, here's your participation trophy, thanks for playing!

Now, go out into the real world and get a job, In the highest cost of living state in this country! Yup, Smart!

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Unbelievable. So instead of encouraging a student to try harder ,,, we'll just dumb down the smart ones to the level of the dumb ones.
    If any of you people have health problems, or thinking you're going to need surgery in a few years,,, you better look in to getting it done as soon as possible.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I saw that article. Threw a fit at first, have calmed down somewhat.
    OK, take your participation certificate and get a job that values participation, get paid for participating (even if you don't even show up) and complain because the taxes you pay aren't enough to pay your protection assessments. I suppose it isn't worth noting that teacher participation won't be needed either. We are doomed by PC.

Oddcaliber, TXKajun, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I like their answer "to fight systematic racism" is to implement systemic racism.
    If I had an irony detector it would have burst into flames and burned my house down.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Oddcaliber, TXKajun, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  8. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

California has ranked in the bottom 10 states for public education for years. I think they're currently in 42nd place, but give them a few more years and I'm sure they can take 50th.

Oddcaliber, Tully Mars and TXKajun like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Eliminate all standards to make the new breed of teacher and syllabus appear competent. Even in the 90's with a mere technical education I tutored teachers who took classes to increase their salaries, most of which knew less than I did at 13. They knew all about the equivalent of underwater basket weaving and arcane sociology, but geology, biology, science, mathematics, eh, no. If I had a child I wouldn't let them within sight of a public school.

3cyl, Oddcaliber, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Nope NM is 49th and we are holding on to it tightly.
    We were 45th before the last election. Then NM got a "blue wave". Democrats spent a billion dollars we didn't have, taxes went up, education, crime, opportunity, jobs all got worse.
    How do you spend a billion extra dollars in a state that normally runs less than an 8 billion dollar budget and make everything worse.

3cyl, Oddcaliber, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  11. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I retired years ago from teaching, My wife retired last spring from teaching. It was koo koo for coconuts when I was in it. Not to mention the worst known secret in the USA... schools are for indoctrination. My wife got out in the nick of time. Teaching remotely is a fail. Those of us who still could think for ourselves were EXTREMELY frustrated.

ditch witch, 3cyl, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  12. This seems like yet another horrible idea from the United States Education System.

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Homeschooling is better any way.

SB21 likes this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I can buy that theory easily, as long as the "teachers" know more than the students, or can keep up. Grandparents might be better at that, if they have the patience and stamina. There's a prime example of how that might work in my family. The mother is as ignorant as the 70s could product, the granny is far ahead of most of her generation in ability to think. But she is tired after teaching for 20 years. Between maw an grammaw, the mixed media teaching (ftf and on line) confusion reigns supreme. Gotta think if it was completely home school instead of mixed media, things would be a lot smoother chez them.

15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What is being foisted off as “Home Schooling” from your local School District IS NOT, AND NOT EVEN CLOSE... AlaskaChick home schooled our kids while they were in Jr. High School, and the Lesson Plans were designed from the Ground Up as a Home School Lesson Plan, and NOT as classroom Lesson Plan adapted over a Summer for Home Education... Two entirely different approaches to learning... Our kids could do weeks worth of work in three days, and when they went back to regular school, they all were sent directly to AP Classes, because they were so far ahead of their peers...

3cyl, Merkun and madmax like this.
  16. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

My SIL homeschooled her kids (They all got college scholarships). It was through a church(es) program. This was Orlando. So the "Homeschool" was able to draw from many learned people and students. Very successful.
    ...but the parents HAD to be much more involved than the typical public school. I think successful students in public schools succeed in spite of not because of the school.

Merkun, ditch witch and SB21 like this.
  17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Here in the South, home schooling, church schools and private academies abound...and for a variety of reasons. Back in the day, I attended THE local public high school, but the transfer students from the local Catholic school really made an impression upon me...their academic preparation, friendliness, leadership, conduct, etc.. They just stood out! Years later I tried to get my family to send my nieces and nephew to Catholic school, but that didn't happen.
    My Father was a little devil when he was a boy and his parents (Methodists) sent him to that same Catholic school for a few years. To his dying day he was afraid of nuns with rulers.:LOL:

3cyl likes this.
  18. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Believe it or not I was smart as a whip up until 6th grade. Too many distractions in school after that. My first week of Jr high there was a fight in the hall between two chicks. When Mr N broke it up it was actually daughter vs mom. Mom’s hair would never be the same I’ll bet. Crazy. Homeschooling is the only way in my opinion. Two hours a day would be more than enough I’m positive.

3cyl likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

^^^^^^^^ Especially for Jr High Schoolers^^^^^^^^^

Meat likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7