Elon Musk buys Twitter

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by enloopious, Apr 25, 2022.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The gov is losing their ever loving minds over free speech. 1st Amendment under attack? Nah... you're just a conspiracy theorist. I wonder what he is going to find next? You guessed it, the government fixing elections and circumventing the First Amendment by using social media.

White House 'flagging' posts for Facebook to censor due to COVID-19 'misinformation'

Twitter not safer under Elon Musk, says former head of trust and safety

Elizabeth Warren says Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter is 'dangerous for our democracy'

AOC and Stephen King lash out at Elon Musk’s $8 Twitter verification fee. Gen Z weighs in

Minuteman likes this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Let's hope he exposes all of the corrupt collusion that went on.

3. enloopious

Elon Musk teases Twitter Files on free speech suppression: ‘public deserves to know’
    Elon Musk teases Twitter Files on free speech suppression: ‘public deserves to know’

also
    Looks like he's going to make smart phones that connect to Starlink for free. If this is true people will have access to free speech even in places like China. On the flip side it could also be taken advantage of by the right people (such as the gov) to monopolize phone spying.

Dunerunner and Minuteman like this.
  4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I don't know how I feel about this neurolink tech. Any new technology has the potential to be abused by the govt.

mysterymet, enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. enloopious

The way I understood it from his own speaking about it is that he feels that people will have no choice but to be overtaken and surpassed by AI, IE: useless. We have 0% chance of winning (in his view) so his feelings were that having a processor linked to your brain to give you a connection to AI and make people useful/competitive in the future and would be the only way forward.

Movies like Johnny Mnemonic, Terminator, and War Games of course use worst case scenarios to make these things scary but they also show possible dangers. The direct link into your brain is probably one of the easiest ways to stick us in the Matrix or Brazil (assuming it hasn't already been done) so the ONLY way to do it is to give people full control over themselves. Otherwise it can and will be hacked and abused. This may be why he is planning to produce a new cell phone that is more privacy oriented (The Neuralink is supposed to be eventually connected to other devices so you could download useful info/apps). He tends to plan these things ten steps ahead.

Personally I don't think AI would have any need or use for killing everyone. Just because people are smarter than other animals doesn't make them go kill them all for fun. (Arguably) That doesn't happen anywhere in nature. The real fear is being left behind like a deer, cow, raccoon etc. here on Earth while robots populate the universe. (I'd rather not get into the theology of robots)

I see this from a global perspective and assuming he really does want the best for everyone it is very exciting. People with Asperger's (which he has) feel a lot of crippling remorse and guilt when they lie and with an eidetic memory it would be even worse so I get the feeling he does want the best for all. He has stated many times that he loves humanity. This is what pushes and drives him to do what he does.

The implant install procedure is very minimally invasive and has huge applications for crippled people such as blind, paralyzed, stroke, Alzheimer's, etc. so it is a massive advancement from the current medical procedures being used. They already do other types of brain implants in a medical capacity so in that way its not really a giant step. Its just the efficiency and accuracy and density that has improved. Its also untested long term. So my trust in this system boils down to "can he give people privacy and control over their own devices?" I think if the tech is as good as it could be the people will start giving that to themselves.

Minuteman likes this.
  6. enloopious

7. enloopious

The left is trying to kill him now. Looks like free speech IS THE BIGGEST THREAT.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Yeah, once everything was up and running, most of those folks were just dead wood!

3cyl and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Much like 'Truth' Social I guess.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Christian Taliban Boebert? Are you serious...she should be spending her time looking after her kids instead of giving tw@tter a spatter. ;)

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Wow that's incredibly masochistic even by by standards which are fairly trad.

13. survivistal

survivistal Monkey

Musk is a just the salesman for twitter. The saudis own it and always will. When trump was just gettin off an iphone only social ap to start his own social site, that was about the exact same time musk was "buying" some twitter stock (what a coincidence!). Personally I think he's being payed to pretend to run it. Sure as hell won't be mohammed sandfigger. Both his and trump's social sites require an ap that essentially gives you up completely, while you pretend you can have a conversation with strangers you'll never actually meet or know, all the while with a middleman who oversees it. So in actuality there is no conversation, it's just twitter (illegal ignorant 9000), you, and a phone, making you an easy target.
    Did I mention words alone don't mean squat? Playing touchy feely with a phone doesn't actually accomplish a fng thing.
    Let me repeat that so it sinks in. Trump's social site gives you up completely using a phone. Twitter gives you up completely using the exact same ruse. Makes it easier for the crooks to know who to target next. Wtf do you think jan6 was? Everyone who is being persecuted brought their phone.
    Gotta train the chimps to use the chime ap. Slaves don't just fall out of trees now.
    Musk never bought squat. All he's doing is playing with a little of the stock, very little, and that don't make him king of shit in the saudi owned twat world.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Alanaana likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Elon musk torches the BBC.
    Screenshot_2023-04-13-15-22-16.

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Twitter is breaking even, advertisers are coming back, people are getting the blue badge, and Elon Musk handed a BBC reporter his ass during an interview! Things are looking good for Twitter and Elon Musk! Glad I joined Twitter!

3cyl and oldawg like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This is why they hate Elon musk.
    They're going to cry about non existent racism and mean tweats, but this is what they really can't stand.

No platform for old pedophils.

17. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I got a Twitter for the first time in my life because a startup registry required it for one of my businesses. Even though I've opted out of getting emails and notifications from Twitter, they email me every single day. Every single time Elon Musk Tweets... Often multiple times an hour.

That's a massive amount and I'm over it. Lol.

I'm one of those people who cannot have any numbers in her inbox and I also need an empty spam folder too.

Zimmy and CraftyMofo like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's like twitter but with more censorship, pushes mindless, mind numbing content.
    It's going to be a left wing echo chamber paradise.
    Screenshot_2023-07-18-07-19-47-1.
    F that didn't take long.

Alanaana likes this.
  19. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@oil pan 4 I see Threads' invites constantly and I just have to run the other way.

oil pan 4 and CraftyMofo like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Threads appears to have gone from "the platform that's going to bury twitter" to nothing in about 2 weeks.

The leftards where like "omg 30 million sign ups on day zero, the end for elon is here". To me 30 million sign ups sounded exactly like when a fully fuelled space rocket blows up on the launch pad.

Gator 45/70, Zimmy and Alanaana like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7