Gear Review Emberlit Sprong

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by phorisc, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

I was able to get my hands on an early pre release version of the SPRONG which Emberlit is creating...it is NOT available yet, but will be soon. So keep your eyes peeled. The Idea behind this little kitchen set is it provides you with the necessary utensils to cook and eat while out in the woods. Fork, Spoon, and Tongs make this a unique set...it also works to use the back hook to open lids while things are hot. They are heat resistant like kitchen utensils are and are an effective tool for any back country camper/ backpacker. I did not stress test these but I took them into the cold snowy canyon nearby and cooked up some hot doggies and used the SPRONG.

-phorisc
    Live The Adventure

Garand69 and Hanzo like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I ordered on Kickstarter too. Actually want the future metal version.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    phorisc likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have never seen these or hear of them. How strong are these? Could you stab someone with them? I don't mean gore them but a good solid poke.

phorisc likes this.
  4. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

They feel like their made from the plastic that is used for kitchen utensils. so it isn't indestructible but it will resist heat. and plastic is plastic...I do believe maybe they will do titanium or some metal ones in the future too.

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Hi_I'm_Carl

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 17, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Gloves!

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 7, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Motomom34
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Ganado
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hot diggity
  9. OldDude49
  10. DKR
  11. RouteClearance
  12. Motomom34
  13. Yard Dart
  14. Motomom34