Emergency dishwasher soap

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by alaskachick, Jul 18, 2015.

1. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

Oh yeah!! living in the bush...... I made my very own dishwasher soap, because I absolutely could not wait for an order from town. A few parts laundry powder( I have Tide) a little liquid dish soap and a smattering of Jet Dry. This is in humor because ...... Well hopefully everyone can see the humor.;) what!!! Me hand wash my dishes!!!!?????? How crazy!!!!
    ,!!

Dont and BTPost like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Homemade Dishwasher Soap? 10 Things You Should Know Before Making Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
    • First try a spoonful of plain old washing soda. Maybe add a little soap, if you like. This is 100% cleaning power, no sediment protection.
    • Use vinegar in the rinse compartment.
    • If you get sediment, see if it’s a matter of a quick spritz with vinegar just after the dishes finish.
    • If not, start fooling around with citric acid in the detergent, maybe the rinse compartment too.
    I have to use citric acid in the detergent, vinegar in the rinse, AND spritz with vinegar at the end. Here’s my recipe:

• 1 cup washing soda
    • 1/4 cup citric acid (Lemi-Shine original)
    • optional 1/2 cup grated soap

Tully Mars, pearlselby and stg58 like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

:lol:Hmmmm a few parts this and a little of that and a smattering of this other. Okay, I got it. My recipe for making gold out of lead is a little more clear once X, Y and Z are defined. I will store both in my noggin until the end of time. :lol: Don't worry I can keep a secret. [winkthumb]

pearlselby likes this.
  4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I made dishwasher tabs and they left a horrible film on everything. I could hardly get it off, and I use vinegar in the rinse too. It was 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice concentrate. Mix up and pour into ice cube trays to set up. Worked like a charm until I ran it through the cycle. Didn't clean worth a hoot either.

Least my DIY laundry detergent works well.

Tully Mars, pearlselby and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7