Enemies Foreign and Domestic

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I have signed up to pass the word....Some here on this board liked Matt Bracken's book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" when it came out and now Matt is seeking help. His 1st book goes into Amazon's free library for 5 days starting March 1st. For details and to team up with Matt go here Enemies Foreign and Domestic - About the Book

Buy the Trilogy

ColtCarbine, Guit_fishN and BTPost like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Thanks Quig, I have my iPad2 with the Kindle.App loaded but no books to read... This will be the first.... Thanks...

Update: Loaded into the iPad2... will read it on my next Airline Trip

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I read this book and highly recommend it. This book was very prophetic of the Fast and Furious debacle. I only wish more Congressmen would read this book and put 2 and 2 together to see how easy something like this book could happen. Fast and Furious is only prelude.

QS: I am curious, however, how this works. Wouldn't Bracken be losing money the more people downloaded his book for free, due to decreased demand in the market?

Minuteman likes this.
  4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Have and have enjoyed the trilogy very much. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I read the book already, but it's nice to have on the PC too.

I was pleased to see a free Kindle for PC app on the Amazon.com website.

I need the large print version anyway, so reading on the PC is easier.

HD

6. I.C.O.E.B.G.

I.C.O.E.B.G. Monkey+

Thanks for the heads up, I got it today and its my next book to read.[beer]

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks for the hook up Quig, downloaded it on my iPhone.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

mmmm...mmmmm........that book is going to pi$$ you guys off in about 20 different ways.

I think we all need to have a cyber-bookclub after everyone finishes.

melbo likes this.
  9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thank you for pointing this out, being I do not have a Kindle.

Thank you Quig for helping us out with this, gonna order a hard copy also.

10. Lonewriter

Lonewriter Monkey

I have a signed copy of the book. I bought it when it first came out. I just got the free kindle version just so I can read it again without damaging my book.

11. Thanks! Will start reading it as soon as possible!

12. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Same as Lonewriter I have a signed copy from when I met Matt but I dl'd the free version to my Kindle so I can read it again.

13. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Matter of opinion. Free publicity is always welcome to writers. (I speak as a writer, of course[stirpot])

I read it some time ago. It had a few issues, but the next two books are much better.

Chris

14. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

aaaaaawwwww heeeeeeeellllll!!!!! I bought the trilogy on paper at a gun show but I didn't see this til too late. DARNIT

15. griffin1340

griffin1340 Monkey+++

Any way you get to read Brakken's books they are worth it.
    Best thing is as you can 'read into' the story and observe the events in today's political climate...as was said before it will pi** you off. The series is very good at bringing you into the lives of the main players. All in all, all are good with #2 & #3 being the best.
    Matt Bracken's most recent book 'Castigo Cay' is a different series start. New characters & storyline but a good read for the action/adventure fans.

16. E.L.

I downloaded the freeKindle app for my Iphone, downloaded the first one, enjoyed it, now I bought the second one and am about a quarter into it.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  17. E.L.

Dammit Quig! Now I have all three....lol! Like I had time to read them.....officially addicted. Staying up late at night, telling myself just another page...lol. Just started the third one. Good thing I had a four day weekend. Now....back to "Foreign Enemies".

I have to admit, I love my iPhone so I can read a few pages whenever I get the chance without dragging a paperback around with me.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  18. doubletap1911

doubletap1911 Monkey+

He may lose a little $ at first, but then he has repeat customers for his other work AND every download free or paid goes towards his download count (i.e. "popularity)

19. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Darn...Matt's books are good and I only have them on paper...sorry I missed this. Now I'll have to pay for all 3...

20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Yes! I didn't realize the other books created a trilogy. Of course this makes sense....you get hooked on one and you want more.

I gotta admit though, it will be a while before I buy the other two. The first one, while very good, pissed me off so bad that I dreaded reading it....same reason I don't watch the news. It's just too close to reality. Plus...the ending was very 19th-century Russian in literary terms.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7