Enemies Foreign and Domestic

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Drumbo

Drumbo Monkey+

Matt's books are outstanding. I met him years ago on the FreeRepublic forum (he posts as Travis McGee Travis McGee ). I have signed copies of all his books. The Enemies trilogy is awesome. Matt, a Navy SEAL has turned the lights on in the roach-filled rooms of those who would rule us. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000283470504

melbo likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Bump for those new to the Enemies series.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Do you know if there is an audio book version? I listen to recorded books while I drive. (average 2-5 hours per day.)

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

To those of you on here who are concerned about the state of our country and where it could be headed, I highly recommend that you read this series. Mr. Bracken wrote this series that could be reflecting the very near future. It is fine to say, this could never happen but then look around, listen and read. It makes one think and opens ones eyes. Mr Bracken spun a tale that could make one scared but one thing this series never did was give up hope. Hope that America would stay the wonderful place it can be. The characters never gave up and submitted, they kept true to self.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Not sure about the Kindle version, but many Kindle books will read the book to you.

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I need it on CD.

7. Dallanta

Dallanta Monkey+

I have bought and read all three books and was very happy with them.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. melbo

Re-reading the trilogy again myself. Always gets me fired up.

9. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Almost no sense in reading them when you can just flip on the news and get nearly the same thing...

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  10. Dallanta

Dallanta Monkey+

LOL, Unfortunately you are right about that

11. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just started the second book. Liked the first book, we'll see how the second one goes.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. melbo

I'm halfway through Book II (again) now.

While reading Book II and book III, I kept thinking Brad was going to show back up. After he was shot in Book I, he just kinda fell over the side of the boat and disappeared. Always thought Bracken would bring him back.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Upon first reading I really didn't like the second book. But when re-reading the series I actually liked the second book better then the first. The whole series is quite thought provoking. Bracken wrote book one 11 years ago, and it is quite amazing how we are sort of following the path he outlined.

14. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Loved the series. Like Matt's writing in general. I actually like Castigo Cay better than the Enemies series. It's a must read!

Capt. Tyree likes this.
  15. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just finished the Enemies series. Gotta say, book 2 was a hard read, just couldn't get into it, until the last couple of chapters.
    I couldn't put book 3 down though. Guess it helps that it basically takes place in my backyard. I read book 3 in about 3 days. Funny, how I could relate to much of what happened because of the location the story takes place, familiar landmarks, cities and roads.

16. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

I listened to it on audible.com.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7