EOTECH Aluminum Alloy Laser Sight Rifle Scope with Gun Mount

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Sorry been busy as hell lately with work and the new home.

I ran the ones through a few tests and could do a lot more,
    Pro’s:
    battery life is extremely long.
    Accuracy was great and the dim to bright setting were adequate.
    It work fine with my night vision.

Cons:
    The battery cover is sometime difficult to get open, the screws have a tendency to loosen after a few hundred shots. Blue lock tight fixed it.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]I have order several more for use later on as back ups etc.
    For 39 shipped to your door you cant go wrong.

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Having never used this optic whatsoever, I am not at all qualified to give input....

if I had to choose between perfectly functioning iron sights and a Chinese copy of an Eotech, I would choose the iron sights. The Eotech is not known as the most durable of optics in comparison to say, an Aimpoint. I've reiterated this over the years and have several examples as to why. I've seen a number of Eotechs go down under hard use. That being said, this is a Chinese copy of that sight.

I guess for general range plinking I wouldn't mind, but this is Survival Monkeys and preparation for SHTF is the main theme. I would say not a good idea for SHTF. For a cheap .22 optic to shoot cans, go for it. Like QS said- for $39 shipped, who cares.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I agree with Al. As a former unit armorer, I have had more problems with Eotech's than Aimpoint by far. Yet, this isn't exactly comparable and I have already ordered one. It should be fun!

Thanks for the heads-up and the reviews.

4. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

The knock off is Chinese, naturally? So far, everything electronic or battery operated made in China has better power economy than originals...wherever they're made. I bet if you open all those knock-offs, you'll see miniature bifilar wound toroids in them... :)

5. Brokor

Yeah, but the flux capacitor and thermal core stabilization unit could be damaged in the process, so I wouldn't attempt it.

Hey, I hear that Al is still alive. Let's hear what he thinks.

6. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

LOL...actually, I was serious! I've seen them use miniature joule thief units and main component is Tesla bifilar wound toroid. I've built like dozen of those and they work perfectly. Small led lamps that work on 4.5 volts give same light and last 3 times longer with 1.5 volts...I used the space of the 2 other batteries for the perf board... I ran 20 LED's for many days on 1.5 AAA battery.

7. Brokor

Yeah you might as well be speaking Japanese to me right now, brother!

I break things really well.

8. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

:D ....Sorry...

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

My grandson loves it on his 22
    My SHTF weapons wont see one of these,
    but for the kids and misc messing around summer camping its a fun item that young kids can use and hit with it.

10. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I agree Brokor (sounds like Japanese to me too).

I'm still alive.

11. Brokor

[beer]b::[beer]

12. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

[booze] [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7