EPA to ban many wood burning stoves

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by CATO, Jan 7, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Not sure of the veracity of the story, but, to many Northerners, this will be throwing down the gauntlet.

Off Grid Attack: EPA To Outlaw Many Wood Burning Stoves

Our ever so helpful government has decided that your wood burning stove is now a danger to the world. In another attempt to outlaw the off grid lifestyle, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the same agency that was recently caught using drones to spy on Americans, is now going after home owners who use Wood Burning Stoves to heat their homes.
    Shortly after the re-election of President Obama, the agency announced new radical environmental regulations that threaten to effect [sic] people who live off the grid. The EPA’s new environmental regulations reduce the amount of airborne fine-particle matter from 15 micrograms to 12 micrograms per cubic meter of air.
    This means that most wood burning stoves would now fall into a class that would deemed unacceptable under these new draconian measures. The EPA has even launched a nifty new website called burn wise to try to sway public opinion.
    On their site, while trying to convince people to get rid of their old stoves and buy the new EPA-certified stoves, (does Al Gore have stock in the company) they sate that these older stove must be scraped and cannot be resold.
    From the EPA Site:
    The local air pollution agency says I can’t sell my old wood stove to help pay for an EPA-certified wood stove. Why is that?
    Replacing an older stove with a cleaner-burning stove will not improve air quality if the older stove is reused somewhere else. For this reason, wood stove changeout programs usually require older stoves to be destroyed and recycled as scrap metal, or rendered inoperable.​
    Let’s hope this doesn’t fall under the jurisdiction of the newly created Department of Homeland Security Environmental Justice Units? The next thing you know we might all be getting a knock at the door….. Your Neighbor reported that you might be burning some wood, do you mind if we take a look around?

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Just like my guns, food, water, shelter, land, and life ..... my stove will be in use without government interferience. If they want any of the above they are welcome to come try and take them. Even if I smile and let them. That will be when I start hunting them!

Mountainman and bebop like this.
  3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Seems to me, these govt. douchebags are going to be spreading themselves pretty thin if the start going door-to-door looking for guns, stoves, raw-milk, and gardens.

Hogs are always hungry, as are gators, eh?

Mountainman likes this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Everyone should really piss them off and burn coal if you can. This kind of bs won't fly from around where I'm from.

Once two strangers climbed ol Rocky Top
    Looking for a moonshine still
    Strangers aint come down from Rocky Top
    Reckon they never will

5. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

BAN CHARCLOTH!

6. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

glad I ain't got a wood stove..... just a rapid oxidation device for all that pesky cellulose piled up around back, takes up less space that way!

Tracy likes this.
  7. bebop

bebop My Maggie

and i'll be right there beside you if not in front

scrapman21009 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

They can "Ban" all they want, but how are they going to enforce it clear out here, in the Alaskan Bush...

Mindgrinder likes this.
  9. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Drones.

10. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Umm. how about, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. I'm just not going to obey this stupid shit anymore.

11. BTPost

Are they going to use drones to try and cover 600K sq Miles and That is just my neighborhood... How are they going to sample the particulates from 30K feet? That is just Stupid...

tacmotusn and bebop like this.
  12. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You know there's something to this. The .gov only has power over us because we let them. If everyone says "NO," they can't do much. Of course, "everyone" has to be the ones who didn't vote for the Kenyan. But, if their taxes keep going up, they'll turn on him too (those are just libtards with jobs; those without jobs will never turn on a black democrat).

tacmotusn likes this.
  13. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

I'm with you BT, lol come and get my Blaze King (circa 198-something).. They couldn't find Begich and Boggs either.

tacmotusn likes this.
  14. BTPost

True enough, but we gots us Begich Jr. Now.... I put him on notice, that we Alaskans will not take it kindly if he votes for ANY NEW Gun Control Laws... He is by no means assured of reElection in two years... And HE KNOWS IT....

15. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

He didn't get my vote the first time, and regardless of his vote on this one, he won't get it next time either.

BTPost likes this.
  16. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

It took 5 people to carry my Fisher Wood stove into my house. If they want to remove it they will have a heck of a time getting it out without and army.

Jason

gunbunny and tacmotusn like this.
  17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Mine weighs in at right at 400 lbs. It was palletized and loaded with a forklift onto a roller dolly rig I built and had in the back of my small trailer. I am 62 and overweight. I unloaded it and wheeled it into my new house. Neccessity is the mother of invention. Never underestimate the value of ramps, levers, and rollers, and come alongs.
    But of course if a small army comes to get it, I will give them no aid or assistance and will laugh at their attempts to remove it.

gunbunny likes this.
  18. scrapman21009

tac, what you need a woodstove for, those rare days it dips below 50? ;)

tacmotusn likes this.
  19. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Actually to keep things comfortable at night. We often in winter have 35 to 45 degree swings in temperature from low to high. It only gets truly cold in the wee hours of the morning. Even when it hits near record lows for my location (in the teens) it will be 55 or 60 mid day. My stove is an EPA rated high efficiency unit that can be loaded mid to late evening, and it will burn all night long heating the house.

20. scrapman21009

I was visiting a friend near Elgin and went riding with him, great day, right around 60 and he came out in a winter coat asking me if it was too cold to ride, to be fair he had just moved north from Clearwater. Only there that one week, guess he tainted my idea of FL weather

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7