EPA to ban many wood burning stoves

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by CATO, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

With that on and off fire sequencing, keep a close eye on the chimney. That's a surefire way to creosote things up and make a messy fire in the stack along the way. (BYKT. I think.)

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have lots and lots of blackjack oak hardwood to choose from and well season all my firewood. If I was burning softwood or high resinous wood I would be concerned. I have had a wood burning fireplace here since 1994 and just for safety sake have a chimney sweep out ever 3rd year. When asked about the condition of the chimney prior to the sweep the answer has always been the same, "not bad". In watching him do his job it has been obvious there wasn't all that much of a buildup for him to remove. Thanks for the warning however. Noted.

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Oregon has that program already. You cannot sell a home with an "uncertified" wood stove.

There area also days that you're not supposed to use your wood-burning stove (usually the really cold days :rolleyes:), unless it is your sole source of heat.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well. it's nice to know that big brother don't mind you using them in the middle of the summer.

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

What??? What kind of retard thought that up (no offense to actual). Are they afraid of smog, acid rain, or the wonderful aroma it infuses all about the land. When they provide all utilities, then they can say something, until then, they should keep their noses out of folks' business.

...dumbest thing I evah heard.

Tracy likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It has much more to do with the Temperature Inversion, that happens on cold Winter Days, with High Pressure, in coastal States, than anything else. Particulates do not disperse as well, when there is a Temp Inversion. Radio Guys use these type Days, to make Long Distance VHF and UHF Radio contacts, using the Inversion Layer as a Reflector. .

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think the smoke is blinding the drones. But what do I know ?

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

....which can cause smog, amongst other things. No?

9. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

yep, keeps the smoke down (in altitude), and it makes the PPM for breathing folks a little high for them. Fairbanks has been fighting this forever... It even led to a BS "Inspection and Maintenance" program that city folks in cars had to go through.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I think that there is a special type of stupid in government.
    I think that they should slap any volcano that dares spew ash into the atmosphere a bajillion dollar fine.

I know that this is a family friendly website but where the fuck do these mother fucking asshole abortions that lived come from?

scrapman21009 likes this.
  11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

No, silly. You can't use them in the summer! The DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) issues Air Pollution Advisories. You can't pollute on those days. :rolleyes: Heck; there are some days you're not even supposed to use your gas-powered lawnmower if you live in Portland.

Lots of Keep Oregon Green rules here.

12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Sure glad I don't live on the Left Coast.
    Rules, we don't need no stinkin' rules!

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have a front loader stove soon to be installed at my hunting cabin. I think I forgot to pour the slab until after the stove is in place...:D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7