Estes resolution aimed at defending Texas gun rights

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Apr 15, 2009.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/local/local_story_099094500.html

Estes resolution aimed at defending Texas gun rights
    AUSTIN — State Senator Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) filed Senate Concurrent Resolution 54 to express opposition to federal legislation he feels is infringing on individual rights to keep and bear arms.

“The right to keep and bear arms is fundamental to the founding of our republic and a cornerstone to our personal freedoms,” Estes said. “I filed this resolution, in coordination with Governor Perry, to express in no uncertain terms our state’s opposition to proposed federal legislation that would do irreparable harm to our Second Amendment rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution.”

The resolution reasserts the Constitution’s “right to keep and bear arms to protect oneself, one’s family and one’s possessions from either the lawlessness of other persons or the tyranny of the government.”

Senate Concurrent Resolution 54 specifically opposes the Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record Sale Act of 2009 filed in the United States Congress, which would require all firearm owners to apply for and carry a federally issued license in order to keep any firearm in their homes.

“I urge our members of Congress representing Texas to do all they can to stop the Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record Sale Act of 2009 from being passed into law and to help stand firm for our rights,” Estes said.

2. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I'm glad someone is trying to do something on this!

3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Keep those cards and letters going to your Reps.and Senators ,not an email it's to easy
    to hit the delete button on a computer .
    I have found a post card works well and is cheaper ,when we go to the PO we just pick up about $5 worth and send them when something is up .

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Seems we have little to work with here in the state of Arizona......
    In that I refer to the two faced senators and congressmen....We have here!
    1 good thing, for us here, but extremely horrific for the entire nation, was to have former Gov. Janet Napolitano leaving,.......only to become secretary of DHS!
    Oh great. This won't be good!
    I think I'll list list now as the excedrin headache # 1!

5. ikean

ikean Monkey++

about time...now perrys standing up too.hell yeah![beer]

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Outstanding.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7