Ever been on the News?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandpaDave, Feb 18, 2012.

1. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

many times 'back in the day', I still hate Sandy Hill, was a reporter in Seattle in the 70's or so.....Bitdch. Came up to a body bag an wannted a 'shot' of the 99 in it. I grrrrr.
    Be nice, still hadn't told the kids folks,,,,,Reporters , some? most/all? stink. OH, man here come the nightmares,,,again....

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have moved houses/buildings for 50+ yrs and have made the paper/tv many times. Some good--some bad. We blocked a major traffic artery(Providence Rd) in Charlotte, NC several yrs back due to NC DOT holding us up. We had three helicopters and three news trucks all over us. Got a rescue unit to rope off the area claiming that they were in danger. Gave us some breathing room. The move even hit the wire services. They can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Helped another mover who had a heart attack (again because of gub interference) and made the news. Got in a plug about the city officials being the culprit and precipitating the problem. Mom made the front page of the local paper by shooting 26 snakes in our swimming hole. We had been playing in there for over an hour just prior to it. REal spooky.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Been on radio for a couple 30 minute shows regarding Search and Rescue, short spot while on Lejeune during a Montel Williams show (when he was a newbie).

Deleted scenes when telling the press to not film during body recovery...

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Those that know how can find me on an interview from 3 weeks ago.

Tracy likes this.
  5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You will have to PM me a link.

6. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Almost wound up on it the other day. We have a pedophile running for public office and the news crew wanted me to go on camera and explain why there ain't a dang thing I can do about it. Told them they could find all the info they needed on the Sec of State's website. Not about to get drug into this hornet's nest.

7. I was twice as a child...once at school, once for winning a bike.

Got interviewed in Iraq in Feb 91 and again proir to deploying in 2009

screw them, reporters are human leeches

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and those are the "Smart Ones"... the one's out in the field.... they write it up, and give it to the Editors... who mostly are brain dead functionaries, who change everything around so it fits into their News-Speak.... and they then give it to the "Talking Heads" who have NO Clue about the subject, at hand, and they rewrite the copy, with small words, so they can actually "Say it, without messing up the Pronunciation" and that is what WE get for our NEWS... Third Hand BS, straight from the source... NOT....

Bitterroot Saint likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

60 years ago, I was in the Long Branch Journal, if that counts. Was also in a broadcast interview at age roughly 12.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Do NOT scare "Me" like that Visu....... Momma is a Wayne State University, till Thursday.... and all she has with her is the Railroad Spike Knife.... and her Whits...

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

And me! If anything happens, momma can call me. I'll be there in 45 minutes. Just finished the bully bar on the truck this weekend.

;)

BTW, sorry if I scared ya. She still got monkey support while here and in the next port of call.

BTPost likes this.
  13. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

The mainstream media should just me called the Ministry of Truth.

SS

14. F. Ticious

F. Ticious Monkey+

I was on the news in 1998 while helping Mr. Alex Jones rebuild the Branch Davidian Church after Janet Reno murdered all those poor people. I did part of the legal work to set up the non-profit. That was when I became a serious prepper.

15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The devil is always in the detail

The devil is always in the detail..... ; ) Welcome to SM. Always nice to have another colourful character to shake up things a little. : )

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7