1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Ever in the name of science

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have broken a cardinal rule I have about killing anything unless I am angry at it or intend to eat it, all in the name of science. Noticing a large quantity of man-o-war jellyfish surrounding the sunken barge that we have been salvaging for the past few days, I decided to perform a ballistic experiments. .22 target rounds pass right through them, leaving only a white streak and not doing much apparent damage to the jellyfish. A .45 jacket hollow-point plus P, on the other hand, will render them disappeared until a tangled mess of tenticles surface looking like a mess of translucent spagetti. Hydro-shocks totally dissolve them too. Tomorrow's continued experiment will detail CCI stingers and other hyper-velocity hollow-points in .22, as well as a few pot-shots with .38 and .357 loads. I think I am starting to enjoy my new-found blood-lust.
  2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Kill em all, let God sort them out! I hate them #^&*$%^&*( things! Got stung once and that was it, I only wish I had thought of that first! Do a shotgun on them, will it leave a bunch of streaks!
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The hydro-shocks are really special, kinda like shooting small watermelon.
  4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Jelly fish do not equal ballistic gell!!:D

Still funny tho, have fun, be safe and report back any results. Never know when those Jelly's will try to take over the world [sawgunner]

5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

[worthless] Jeez. Anybody can see that ---
  6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I'll second that, take the camera, take pictures, we all want to see more!:D
  7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nothing like a little Hydra-Shok love. Sting this M*#@!^ F*^&+#$!

They work equally well when inserted between the eyes of a big hog. We need some pics Sea.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary